iLinc Receives Green Excellence Award
iLinc was awarded the 2008 Frost & Sullivan Green Excellence Award for its iLinc Green Meter. The meter is an embedded feature that comes with iLinc Web conferencing software which automatically measures carbon emissions, fuel costs and mileage saved per participant, per meeting and provides metrics for the organization as a whole.
The meter “was one of the first such vendors to release a ‘green’ calculator for tracking and measuring usage,” according to Frost & Sullivan.
iLinc Green Meter users have saved more than 2 billion pounds of carbon emissions, according to the company.
Last year, GridPoint was selected as the recipient of the 2007 Frost & Sullivan Green Excellence Award, for the company’s smart grid platform.
Energy Manager News
- Price of Carbon Credits Rises In Europe, Which is a Good Thing
- Iowa Utilities Get Pushback on Plans for Higher Rooftop Solar Rates
- Driving Energy Efficiency in Leased Commercial Space is Complicated – and Worthwhile
- Will Co-Firing Natural Gas and Coal Meet Clean Power Plan Standards?
- Pitkin County (CO) Looks for Solar Opportunities
- Solar Panels Working as Promised for Iowa Company
- China and India: Doing the Unimaginable to Address Climate Change
- Maine Solar Bill That Advocates Claim Could Save $100M Is Vetoed by Governor LePage