iLinc Receives Green Excellence Award
iLinc was awarded the 2008 Frost & Sullivan Green Excellence Award for its iLinc Green Meter. The meter is an embedded feature that comes with iLinc Web conferencing software which automatically measures carbon emissions, fuel costs and mileage saved per participant, per meeting and provides metrics for the organization as a whole.
The meter “was one of the first such vendors to release a ‘green’ calculator for tracking and measuring usage,” according to Frost & Sullivan.
iLinc Green Meter users have saved more than 2 billion pounds of carbon emissions, according to the company.
Last year, GridPoint was selected as the recipient of the 2007 Frost & Sullivan Green Excellence Award, for the company’s smart grid platform.
Energy Manager News
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion
- Certification Program Established for Green Button Standard
- Diesel Genset Market to Reach $68B by 2024, Navigant Says
- Emulsion Mist Collectors Designed for Heavy Industry
- IKEA Plugs In Fuel Cells at California Store