Green Govt Initiatives Grow, Implementation Lags
Green government is viewed as an important federal initiative by managers, ranking ahead of efforts related to performance improvement and IT security and only slightly behind human capital and financial management, according to a Government Business Council survey conducted to gauge the current state of “green government” initiatives within the federal government. Federal managers also reported that green initiatives have received increasing prioritization within the last year.
While green government initiatives appear to be receiving increased emphasis, the study also shows that federal agencies are still in the early phase of implementation. Survey respondents reported that significant challenges hinder implementation efforts, including lack of clear executive direction, absence of dedicated oversight and lack of awareness among agency employees.
The full report, including complete survey results, is here.
Energy Manager News
- New Refrigerant Rules Will Have Long Term Impact
- Building Data Platform from Leviton
- Athens, OH, Nears $4.28M Retrofit Project
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: September 23, 2016
- Feds Asked to Reverse Montana PSC Decision on Solar Charges
- Energy Retailer Crius Acquires Assets of Verengo
- Put Safety First in LED Installations
- Microsoft: Data Centers to Use 50% Renewables by 2018