Green Govt Initiatives Grow, Implementation Lags
Green government is viewed as an important federal initiative by managers, ranking ahead of efforts related to performance improvement and IT security and only slightly behind human capital and financial management, according to a Government Business Council survey conducted to gauge the current state of “green government” initiatives within the federal government. Federal managers also reported that green initiatives have received increasing prioritization within the last year.
While green government initiatives appear to be receiving increased emphasis, the study also shows that federal agencies are still in the early phase of implementation. Survey respondents reported that significant challenges hinder implementation efforts, including lack of clear executive direction, absence of dedicated oversight and lack of awareness among agency employees.
The full report, including complete survey results, is here.
Energy Manager News
- Mohegan Sun Pocono Casino Doesn’t Consider Cogeneration a Gamble
- Clean Power Plan: Obama’s Team Confident About Pitch to Supreme Court
- BuildingIQ Introduces Managed Services
- Solar Power Breakthrough Near?
- Battery Storage Giving Businesses a Break
- Could Ratepayers Foot the Bill for New Hampshire’s Pipelines?
- CenterPoint to Acquire Continuum’s Retail Energy Services Division
- LED Projects Must Be Carefully Planned