Green Govt Initiatives Grow, Implementation Lags
Green government is viewed as an important federal initiative by managers, ranking ahead of efforts related to performance improvement and IT security and only slightly behind human capital and financial management, according to a Government Business Council survey conducted to gauge the current state of “green government” initiatives within the federal government. Federal managers also reported that green initiatives have received increasing prioritization within the last year.
While green government initiatives appear to be receiving increased emphasis, the study also shows that federal agencies are still in the early phase of implementation. Survey respondents reported that significant challenges hinder implementation efforts, including lack of clear executive direction, absence of dedicated oversight and lack of awareness among agency employees.
The full report, including complete survey results, is here.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Con Edison Development Procures GE Energy Storage System
- Courthouse Replaces Oversized Boiler
- Indoor Farming Company Works on HVAC with PUE 1.0
- Toolkits Designed to Help Health Care Facilities Reduce Energy
- San Antonio Macyâ€™s Store Showcases Better Buildings Challenge Measures
- Natural Gas Gensets to Reach 27 GW of Installed Capacity by 2024
- Larson Releases a Solar Powered Generator with Manual Crank Mast
- Energy Efficiency in Food Service Businesses