Green Govt Initiatives Grow, Implementation Lags
Green government is viewed as an important federal initiative by managers, ranking ahead of efforts related to performance improvement and IT security and only slightly behind human capital and financial management, according to a Government Business Council survey conducted to gauge the current state of “green government” initiatives within the federal government. Federal managers also reported that green initiatives have received increasing prioritization within the last year.
While green government initiatives appear to be receiving increased emphasis, the study also shows that federal agencies are still in the early phase of implementation. Survey respondents reported that significant challenges hinder implementation efforts, including lack of clear executive direction, absence of dedicated oversight and lack of awareness among agency employees.
The full report, including complete survey results, is here.
Energy Manager News
- Behind the Meter Podcast: A New Metric for Datacenter Cooling
- The Advantages of Metal Roofs
- PACE Loan Program in Pulaski County, AK
- Online Tool Introduced in Vermont
- SWL&P Looks to Increase Electric Revenues by Over $2 Million
- Schneider Electric’s NEO Network: Helping Make Efficiency Projects Real
- Efficiency Project Complete in Meriden, CT
- BuildingIQ Makes 2 Moves