Tacoma Power Buys $15M in RECs
Tacoma Power will buy $15 million in renewable energy credits from Iberdrola Renewables Inc. The contract begins in 2012 and will run through the end of 2019.
The renewable energy credits will come from Iberdrola Renewables’ wind generation projects.
The purchase will help the utility comply with Initiative 937, which mandates that 15 percent of utility power comes from renewable sources by 2020. The law also allows utilities to buy RECs instead of purchasing renewable power.
The utility says that because it does not need additional electric generation to serve its current load, purchasing RECs makes the most financial sense for the utility and its customers.
Energy Manager News
- Efficiency Project Complete in Meriden, CT
- BuildingIQ Makes 2 Moves
- Constellation Acquiring Retail Electricity, Natural Gas Businesses from ConEdison Solutions
- Peninsula Clean Energy Authority Chooses Direct Energy as Supplier
- Energy Efficiency is Growing on Farms
- DC Pushes Renewables
- Stockton Tabs Ygrene for PACE Financing
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: July 22, 2016