USDA Awards $35M for Renewables and Energy Efficiency
Agriculture Secretary Ed Schafer announced that 639 individuals and businesses have been selected to receive $35 million in grants and loan guarantees for renewable energy systems or to improve energy efficiency in farm and business operations.
The grants and loan guarantees are being awarded through USDA Rural Development’s Section 9006 Renewable Energy Systems and Energy Efficiency Improvements program. Of the $35 million, $27.5 million are grants and $7.4 million are guaranteed loans.
The funding will support a variety of energy-production and energy-saving efforts such as replacing a grain dryer with an energy-efficient model for Chad Brandt of Oakes, N.D., who will receive about $67,000 in grant and loan. The new model is expected to cut energy costs by more than 20 percent.
Energy Manager News
- Commercial Refrigeration Benefits from Efficiency and Environmental Efforts
- TechNavio Releases Commercial AC Report
- Dubuque Meeting Hears About Energy Audits
- Science-Based Targets Inspire a Smarter Investment Strategy in Retail
- Missouri Lawmakers Resume Debate on Utility Rate Hikes
- Wake Forest Drops Its Residential and C&I Electric Rates
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- New York City Study Conclusion: Benchmarking Works