USDA Awards $35M for Renewables and Energy Efficiency
Agriculture Secretary Ed Schafer announced that 639 individuals and businesses have been selected to receive $35 million in grants and loan guarantees for renewable energy systems or to improve energy efficiency in farm and business operations.
The grants and loan guarantees are being awarded through USDA Rural Development’s Section 9006 Renewable Energy Systems and Energy Efficiency Improvements program. Of the $35 million, $27.5 million are grants and $7.4 million are guaranteed loans.
The funding will support a variety of energy-production and energy-saving efforts such as replacing a grain dryer with an energy-efficient model for Chad Brandt of Oakes, N.D., who will receive about $67,000 in grant and loan. The new model is expected to cut energy costs by more than 20 percent.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Behind the Meter: The Many Advantages of Energy Benchmarking
- Telecommunications Companies Upgrade Their Approaches to Energy
- Cutting Energy Use in Fire Stations
- Revolution Lighting Signs School Districts in NY, NJ
- Green Building Boom Is Pumping Billions into US Economy, Retrofits Are Fueling the Trend
- Energy Management: The Internet of Things Changes Everything
- Big Biogas Project Underway Down Under
- Kroger, Love’s Sign with LSI Industries