USDA Awards $35M for Renewables and Energy Efficiency
Agriculture Secretary Ed Schafer announced that 639 individuals and businesses have been selected to receive $35 million in grants and loan guarantees for renewable energy systems or to improve energy efficiency in farm and business operations.
The grants and loan guarantees are being awarded through USDA Rural Development’s Section 9006 Renewable Energy Systems and Energy Efficiency Improvements program. Of the $35 million, $27.5 million are grants and $7.4 million are guaranteed loans.
The funding will support a variety of energy-production and energy-saving efforts such as replacing a grain dryer with an energy-efficient model for Chad Brandt of Oakes, N.D., who will receive about $67,000 in grant and loan. The new model is expected to cut energy costs by more than 20 percent.
Energy Manager News
- EPA Undeterred by Supreme Court’s Delay of Clean Power Plan
- Lux: Google, Amazon Emissions Claims Inaccurate
- FIU Again Tops in Energy Efficiency
- Invenergy Selling Wind Power to 3M
- U.S. House Subcommittee Reviews Kennedy’s Fair RATES Act
- Nevada PAC Seeks Entry into State for Retail Energy Suppliers
- Using Big Data to Help Solve the Big Building Energy Problem
- Smart Computer Use Hikes Energy Efficiency