Workings Of China’s Solar Wall Discussed
One of Beijing’s new additions is the GreenPix Zero Energy media wall, the largest solar powered LED display in the world, ScribeMedia reports.
The 20,000 square feet wall covers the façade of Xicui entertainment center near the “Bird’s Nest” and is visible from 3,300 feet. It uses thousands of solar photovoltaic capture cells on the glass panels covering computer-controlled LEDs in order to power colorful light shows at night.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- General Mills: We’ll Invest $100M to Reduce Greenhouse Gas Emissions
- Oregon Correctional Institution Saves with LEDs
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending August 28
- Columbus Energy Challenge Falling Short
- Building on Alaskan Campus Gets LEED Certification
- BT Group Launches Division to Help Property Owners
- Price of Renewables Approaching Fossil Fuels, Nuclear
- The Use of Renewables in Mining Operations