Workings Of China’s Solar Wall Discussed
One of Beijing’s new additions is the GreenPix Zero Energy media wall, the largest solar powered LED display in the world, ScribeMedia reports.
The 20,000 square feet wall covers the façade of Xicui entertainment center near the “Bird’s Nest” and is visible from 3,300 feet. It uses thousands of solar photovoltaic capture cells on the glass panels covering computer-controlled LEDs in order to power colorful light shows at night.
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Retail Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending May 4
- Urjanet Partners with ENERGY STAR on Portfolio Manager
- Ketra Creates ‘Dynamic’ LED Light
- 4 Federal Agencies Join to Procure Solar
- Sunwave, Ideal Power Work Together on Energy Storage
- DOE Invests $6M to Increase Energy Efficiency in Commercial Buildings
- Natural Gas Projected to Provide Larger Share of Electricity Generation
- Industrial Gas Company Switches to Wind-Generated Electricity at Oregon Plant