ACCA Announces Shortlist for Sustainability Awards
The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants announced the shortlist for its annual UK Sustainability Reporting Awards, AccountancyAge reports.
The 17th annual sustainability award has been broadened to include 20 countries worldwide. The panel includes judges from Acona, KPMG Europe LLG, professors from Nottingham Business School and the director of CorporateRegister.com.
The winners will be revealed at a ceremony on 3 Dec. at the British Library in London.
The shortlist of large corporations:
Anglo American – provides financing services to the mining industry
British American Tobacco
BHP Billiton – Resources company including aluminum, diamonds, oil & gas
BP – Oil and gas exploration
British Telecom – telecommunications
Camelot – Operator of the national lottery
GSK – GlaxoSmithKline, pharmaceuticals company
Shell – Oil and gas exploration
The Co-operative Group – Mutual retailer
Unilever – Food, drink and goods manufacturer
Vodafone – Mobile communications company
Xstrata – Mining company
Small and Medium Sized Enterprise (SMEs)
REAP – Sustainable development charity
Traidcraft – Fair traders
See stories on past winners here.
Edie.net’s award for environmental excellence also announced the shortlist for the five categories: Carbon Reduction, Green Corporate Initiatives, Sustainable Construction,Waste & Recycling, and Water & Wastewater. Some of the companies listed include Mitsubishi, Siemens Transportation Systems, and Coca Cola.
The panel of judges include chairman of the Environment Agency, CEO of Waste Resources Action Plan, Director of the Building Research Executive and head of applied sciences at Cranfield University, to name a few.
The awards will be presented at London’s Natural History Museum on November 13.
Energy Manager News
- Driving Energy Efficiency in Leased Commercial Space is Complicated – and Worthwhile
- Will Co-Firing Natural Gas and Coal Meet Clean Power Plan Standards?
- Pitkin County (CO) Looks for Solar Opportunities
- Solar Panels Working as Promised for Iowa Company
- China and India: Doing the Unimaginable to Address Climate Change
- Maine Solar Bill That Advocates Claim Could Save $100M Is Vetoed by Governor LePage
- Competitive Green Retailer Star Energy Partners Expands to New Jersey, Pennsylvania
- Flying High: Energy Efficiency, Renewables and Airports