US Treasury Establishes Environment and Energy Office
The US Treasury Department recently launched the new Office For Environment and Energy, which will be headed by William A. Pizer, a former director at research body Resources for the Future and White House economic adviser on energy issues.
Pizer will be responsible for developing, coordinating and executing the Treasury’s role in both domestic and international energy and green policy.
Among other things, the office will oversee international financial mechanisms to support U.S. and global environmental goals, such as managing the multi-billion dollar Clean Technology Fund and also being responsible for the US Tropical Forest Conservation Act and the Global Environmental Facility.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management