Naperville Shopping Development 100% Covered by Wind RECs
Springbrook Prairie Pavilion in Naperville, IL., announced it has made a multi-year commitment to purchase wind generated Renewable Energy Certificates from Community Energy Inc. The purchase will cover 100 percent of the centerâ€™s anticipated electricity demand.
The 270,000 square foot commercial shopping development purchased 10 million kilowatt hours of wind-generated RECs, which will offset more than 13 million pounds of CO2; the equivalent of planting 5,500 acres of trees.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Bridgewater, MA, Gets $231,000 Efficiency Grant
- Biomass Group Studies Role in Clean Power Plan
- Rockleigh Borough Installing LEDs, Low Energy AC
- PHG to Build Big Gasification Plant for Sevier Solid Waste
- Energy Profile of Commercial Buildings Changing
- Smart Meter Market Surging
- Modular Data Centers Cut Construction Costs
- Failure to Build Energy Infrastructure Could Cost New England $5.4B