Naperville Shopping Development 100% Covered by Wind RECs
Springbrook Prairie Pavilion in Naperville, IL., announced it has made a multi-year commitment to purchase wind generated Renewable Energy Certificates from Community Energy Inc. The purchase will cover 100 percent of the centerâ€™s anticipated electricity demand.
The 270,000 square foot commercial shopping development purchased 10 million kilowatt hours of wind-generated RECs, which will offset more than 13 million pounds of CO2; the equivalent of planting 5,500 acres of trees.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- SolarCity: We Have the Worldâ€™s Most Efficient Rooftop Solar Panel
- Bridgestone Arena in Nashville Switches to LEDs
- Helping Building Automation Grow
- Municipalities Could Combine Small Cell and LED Upgrades
- Holistic Approach to Energy Savings in Dublin, Ohio Schools
- NYC One Step Closer to Net-Zero Energy Goal at Wastewater Treatment Plants
- â€˜Better Buildings, Better Plantsâ€™ Saves $2.4B Over Five Years