Naperville Shopping Development 100% Covered by Wind RECs
Springbrook Prairie Pavilion in Naperville, IL., announced it has made a multi-year commitment to purchase wind generated Renewable Energy Certificates from Community Energy Inc. The purchase will cover 100 percent of the centerâ€™s anticipated electricity demand.
The 270,000 square foot commercial shopping development purchased 10 million kilowatt hours of wind-generated RECs, which will offset more than 13 million pounds of CO2; the equivalent of planting 5,500 acres of trees.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage in the Fast Lane
- Alberta Firm Aims for Energy Neutral Egg Laying Barn
- The Department of Energy Seeks to Improve the Better Buildings Challenge
- Behind the Meter: The Many Advantages of Energy Benchmarking
- Telecommunications Companies Upgrade Their Approaches to Energy
- Cutting Energy Use in Fire Stations
- Revolution Lighting Signs School Districts in NY, NJ
- Green Building Boom Is Pumping Billions into US Economy, Retrofits Are Fueling the Trend