Naperville Shopping Development 100% Covered by Wind RECs
Springbrook Prairie Pavilion in Naperville, IL., announced it has made a multi-year commitment to purchase wind generated Renewable Energy Certificates from Community Energy Inc. The purchase will cover 100 percent of the centerâ€™s anticipated electricity demand.
The 270,000 square foot commercial shopping development purchased 10 million kilowatt hours of wind-generated RECs, which will offset more than 13 million pounds of CO2; the equivalent of planting 5,500 acres of trees.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers â€˜Second Opinionâ€™ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland