Naperville Shopping Development 100% Covered by Wind RECs
Springbrook Prairie Pavilion in Naperville, IL., announced it has made a multi-year commitment to purchase wind generated Renewable Energy Certificates from Community Energy Inc. The purchase will cover 100 percent of the centerâ€™s anticipated electricity demand.
The 270,000 square foot commercial shopping development purchased 10 million kilowatt hours of wind-generated RECs, which will offset more than 13 million pounds of CO2; the equivalent of planting 5,500 acres of trees.
Energy Manager News
- Drama Aside, Teslaâ€™s Acquisition of SolarCity Makes Sense
- SunPower Solar Technology Breaks 24% Energy Efficiency Mark
- U.S. Data Centers Increasing Energy Efficiency
- A New Role for Mats: Promoting Sustainability
- Palmco to Refund $4.5M to New Jersey Consumers for Deceptive Sale Practices
- SolarCity Poll: Most Illinois Residents Oppose Utility Demand Charges
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Seeing U-Haulâ€™s HQ Parking Structure in a New (LED) Light
- Uninterruptible Power Supplies: The Case for Moving Beyond Batteries