Valuing Green: Budgeting for Economic Sustainability
Even in a challenging economy, retailers are committed to their sustainability agendas, according to â€śGetting From Green to Gold: Retail Success Factors and Outcomes,â€ť an Aberdeen Group report authored by Jhana Senxian.
In fact, 75% of enterprises have green-dedicated budgets that will remain the same or increase in the 2008-2009 time period. It is significant that 57% will see their green-dedicated budgets increase while just 5% of respondents have either no budget allocated or have a budget that will decrease.
The dramatic results in key cost areas demonstrate that, especially in recessionary times, enterprises of all sizes are expanding their sustainability platforms as a result of cost savings and optimized performance. Green initiatives have moved from a â€śnice to haveâ€ť to a â€śmust haveâ€ť in an economically and environmentally challenged, and challenging, global market.
Energy Manager News
- Two Studies Show the State of Energy Efficiency
- Phoenix Airport LED Project Moves Along
- Maine Businesses Shut Out of Power Program
- Stay Cool This Summer While Avoiding These Common Summer Pitfalls
- Coalition Seeks to Stop SCE&Gâ€™s Blank Check
- NARUC Releases DER Draft Rate Design Manual
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Pushing Sustainability, Efficiency with Green Leases
- The Tricky World of Portable Commercial Air Conditioners