Valuing Green: Budgeting for Economic Sustainability
Even in a challenging economy, retailers are committed to their sustainability agendas, according to âGetting From Green to Gold: Retail Success Factors and Outcomes,â an Aberdeen Group report authored by Jhana Senxian.
In fact, 75% of enterprises have green-dedicated budgets that will remain the same or increase in the 2008-2009 time period. It is significant that 57% will see their green-dedicated budgets increase while just 5% of respondents have either no budget allocated or have a budget that will decrease.
The dramatic results in key cost areas demonstrate that, especially in recessionary times, enterprises of all sizes are expanding their sustainability platforms as a result of cost savings and optimized performance. Green initiatives have moved from a ânice to haveâ to a âmust haveâ in an economically and environmentally challenged, and challenging, global market.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage: Itâs About the Software
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- India Launches Net-Zero Building Portal
- Companies Cooperating on Waste-to-Energy Projects
- Clean Energy Commitment in the Corporate and Local Small Business Sphere
- Xcel Asks for $90M âSwitching Feeâ If Lubbock Utility Joins ERCOT
- EDF Sending 127 Climate Corps Fellows to 100 Organizations
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform