Valuing Green: Budgeting for Economic Sustainability
Even in a challenging economy, retailers are committed to their sustainability agendas, according to âGetting From Green to Gold: Retail Success Factors and Outcomes,â an Aberdeen Group report authored by Jhana Senxian.
In fact, 75% of enterprises have green-dedicated budgets that will remain the same or increase in the 2008-2009 time period. It is significant that 57% will see their green-dedicated budgets increase while just 5% of respondents have either no budget allocated or have a budget that will decrease.
The dramatic results in key cost areas demonstrate that, especially in recessionary times, enterprises of all sizes are expanding their sustainability platforms as a result of cost savings and optimized performance. Green initiatives have moved from a ânice to haveâ to a âmust haveâ in an economically and environmentally challenged, and challenging, global market.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Helping Building Automation Grow
- Municipalities Could Combine Small Cell and LED Upgrades
- Holistic Approach to Energy Savings in Dublin, Ohio Schools
- NYC One Step Closer to Net-Zero Energy Goal at Wastewater Treatment Plants
- âBetter Buildings, Better Plantsâ Saves $2.4B Over Five Years
- Report Details Massive UK Energy Waste
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi Appliances Launch AC JV