Valuing Green: Budgeting for Economic Sustainability
Even in a challenging economy, retailers are committed to their sustainability agendas, according to āGetting From Green to Gold: Retail Success Factors and Outcomes,ā an Aberdeen Group report authored by Jhana Senxian.
In fact, 75% of enterprises have green-dedicated budgets that will remain the same or increase in the 2008-2009 time period. It is significant that 57% will see their green-dedicated budgets increase while just 5% of respondents have either no budget allocated or have a budget that will decrease.
The dramatic results in key cost areas demonstrate that, especially in recessionary times, enterprises of all sizes are expanding their sustainability platforms as a result of cost savings and optimized performance. Green initiatives have moved from a ānice to haveā to a āmust haveā in an economically and environmentally challenged, and challenging, global market.
Energy Manager News
- Insider āOutsā Misleading Strategy Behind Floridaās Solar Amendment 1
- Mississippi Watchdog: Kemper Syngas Operations Could Raise Costs by 288%
- Waste-to-Energy Shows Growth in New Jersey, Maine and Florida
- Zen Ecosystems Introduces Zen HQ
- Flywheel Platform Introduced by GE
- Key Trends: Corporate Renewable Energy Procurement and Spend 2016
- Cogeneration Continues to Make Inroads
- Honeywell, OG&E Upgrading Tinker Air Force Base Assembly Plant