VEII Talks Up LEDs for Vending Machines
Vendors Exchange International (VEII) is now offering LED retrofit kits to replace fluorescent bulbs in existing vending machines, AmOnline.com reports.
According to VEII President Brent Garson, some of the LED’s benefits are:
Money savings — Fluorescent bulbs typically last for a year and cost anywhere between $60 to $90 to replace. Compared with VEII’s LED retrofit package, which costs less than $50 and is guaranteed to last four years, the potential savings is around $270 over five years.
Good for public space – VEII’s lighting package offers three LED bulbs to replace the fluorescent bulbs. The package also includes reflectors that have a mirror-like coating on the inside and are able to reflect the LED’s light onto the products instead of out towards the customer. This makes the products “pop” out in public spaces.
Environmental savings – Fluorescent bulbs contain mercury, which regulation calls for special handling for disposal, but this is eliminated with LEDs because they are mercury-free.
Some lighting executives are convinced that new lower-cost LED bulbs with improved efficiency, will slowly substitute incandescent bulbs in homes and light the future.
Wal-Mart switched to LEDs for its low- and medium-temperature refrigerated display cases in over 500 U.S. stores in 2006.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi Appliances Launch AC JV
- Walmart Saving Money While Driving Efficiency
- Solutions to Help Reach Building Energy Management Goals
- Advanced Fans Cut Datacenter Energy Requirements
- Renew Financial Acquires FL PACE-Lender EcoCity Partners
- Solar Canopies in Maryland, California
- Increased Demand for EVs Driving Global Battery Management System Market