Software Industry Making Headway On Sustainability
A new report by Business for Social Responsibility (BSR), says companies in the software sectors are making headway with innovative products and services that advance sustainable development, CSRwire reports.
The report, “Software Accelerates Sustainable Development,” gathered leading software companies, such as Adobe, McAfee, Microsoft, and Symantec, to identify and prioritize the most important CSR issues for the sector.
Three key steps software companies can take to collaborate on CSR issues are:
1. Establish a shared purpose around the most important issues. For the software industry, the most important issues are innovation and software solutions to achieve sustainable development; global workforce management and employee engagement; and environmental issues such as energy management and climate change.
2. Engage with stakeholders in ongoing discussions and activities so business leaders don’t miss out on important discussions about sustainability trends affecting their own company and partners throughout their industry’s value chain.
3. Lead the industry through research on emerging trends and opportunities. Innovation sparked by interactions among stakeholders with different expertise and viewpoints can result in breakthrough products and services.
Energy Manager News
- Flying High: Energy Efficiency, Renewables and Airports
- Want a Green and Energy Conscious Business? Try These Ideas
- Beazer Homes Wins Energy Star Award
- Infineon Unveils Integrated LED
- FMPA: Power Costs Expected to Dwindle 30% to 40% Within Years
- Name-Dropping: CUB and Illinois AG Say Nicor Advanced Energy Should Change Identity
- Saving Energy – In the Restroom
- UAB Getting First Solar Array