Synthetic Genomics Tops List Of Greentech Winners
AlwaysOn has announced results of this year’s GoingGreen 100 Top Private Companies list in greentech. Sythetic Genomics took the top prize.
This year, an increased number of companies are moving out of beta testing and into product development, a trend most evident in the Biofuels category. There are 17 solar companies on the list, highlighting the sector’s continued importance to the industry.
A Clean Energy category was added to the list this year, and includes companies that do not fall into the Solar Energy or Biofuels category.
The Energy Storage Systems category is commonly identified as a major opportunity of cleantech, with investors actively seeking the solution for energy storage.
The winners will be honored at GoingGreen, September 15 to 17 at Cavallo Point, San Francisco, CA.
Amyris Biotechnologies (Category Winner)
CoalTek (Category Winner)
Clean Manufacturing and Clean Product:
GlycosBio (Category Winner)
Energy Efficiency and Energy Management:
Silver Spring Networks (Category Winner)
Energy Storage Systems:
Premium Power (Category Winner)
Green Automobiles and Transportation:
EcoMotors (Category Winner)
Green Materials, Green Buildings:
Serious Materials (Category Winner)
Green Nanotech and Synthetic Genomics:
Genomatica (Category Winner)
Resource Recovery and Waste Management:
Ze-Gen (Category Winner)
BrightSource Energy (Category Winner)
Water Technology and Water Management:
AbTech Industries (Category Winner)
Here’s a look at last year’s GoingGreen 100 winners.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls