Eaton Shifts Corporate Image, Highlights Power Management
Eaton Corp. used to brand itself as “a diversified industrial manufacturing company.” But this week, the company will rollout a logo signifying a shift in the company’s focus. It will add a new tag line, â€śPowering business worldwideâ€ť to its more-than-30-year-old logo, Cleveland.com reports. Eaton says products that help manage power generate 70 percent of the company’s revenue
Eaton’s product mix over the last decade has shifted from providing auto parts and truck transmissions for heavy machinery to a portfolio of high-technology systems and components, including finding new ways to generate electricity from the oceans and wind.
The company says its hydraulic systems for aircraft are helping Boeing and Airbus reduce weight and reduce fuel consumption.
Eaton Corp.’s corporate identity shift is similar to other large enterprises that have rebranded as their business focus have shifted over the years. Such as Toyota, which has successfully established itself as the electric-hybrid leader among automakers and GE, which is now focused on â€śeco-magination.â€ť
In August, Eaton Corp, jointly developed a â€śparallel hybrid systemâ€ť for trucks with Peterbilt Motors. The vehicles cost 40 percent more than a basic truck, but its extra costs are expected to be offset by fuel savings within three years.
In April, the company also introduced an online hybrid truck power value calculator that provides potential buyers the chance to compute their estimated ROI from hybrid vehicles.
Energy Manager News
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Keys to Energy Efficient Air Filtration
- Tracking the Exciting World of Solar Energy Research
- Colorado Mixing Solar, Weatherization
- Lighting Sector: 4% CAGR Through 2020
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: August 19, 2016
- New Hampshire Town Resists Door-to-Door Sales
- Minnesota Commerce Department Challenges Otter Tail Power Rate Hike
- An Interesting Summer for PACE