Eaton Shifts Corporate Image, Highlights Power Management
Eaton Corp. used to brand itself as “a diversified industrial manufacturing company.” But this week, the company will rollout a logo signifying a shift in the company’s focus. It will add a new tag line, âPowering business worldwideâ to its more-than-30-year-old logo, Cleveland.com reports. Eaton says products that help manage power generate 70 percent of the company’s revenue
Eaton’s product mix over the last decade has shifted from providing auto parts and truck transmissions for heavy machinery to a portfolio of high-technology systems and components, including finding new ways to generate electricity from the oceans and wind.
The company says its hydraulic systems for aircraft are helping Boeing and Airbus reduce weight and reduce fuel consumption.
Eaton Corp.’s corporate identity shift is similar to other large enterprises that have rebranded as their business focus have shifted over the years. Such as Toyota, which has successfully established itself as the electric-hybrid leader among automakers and GE, which is now focused on âeco-magination.â
In August, Eaton Corp, jointly developed a âparallel hybrid systemâ for trucks with Peterbilt Motors. The vehicles cost 40 percent more than a basic truck, but its extra costs are expected to be offset by fuel savings within three years.
In April, the company also introduced an online hybrid truck power value calculator that provides potential buyers the chance to compute their estimated ROI from hybrid vehicles.
Energy Manager News
- Put Safety First in LED Installations
- Microsoft: Data Centers to Use 50% Renewables by 2018
- Solar Installation Dedicated inÂ Brooklyn
- Duke Energy SC Customers Have Reaped $5M in Solar Rebates Since Last October
- BidEnergy Launches Its âSource-to-Payâ Process for Energy in U.S. Market
- Garden State Residential, Commercial Customers Will Pay Less for Gas This Winter
- Better Buildings, Better Plants: 12 Success Stories
- CA Governor Signs Bill Clarifying PACE Disclosures