CardPak, Winterborne Join Forces On Sustainable Packaging
CardPak Inc., and Winterborne Inc. are joining resources to bring sustainable packaging products and services to the clamshell and blister packaging markets, Graphic Arts reports.
Winterborne is known for its EnviroShell, which is made from recycled RPET and recycled corrugated.
CardPak has brought to market an ecological line of clamshell replacement packaging that eliminates up to 85 percent of plastic.
The companies say the partnership will make them a dominant force in sustainable replacements for traditional plastic clamshell and blister type packaging.
Companies have been working hard to offer sustainable packaging. Most recently, Danjim announced a new shirt bag made from polyvinyl alcohol that dissolves in hot or cold water. Speedo also announced its goggles will be packaged in sustainable cardboard.
Earlier this year, Wal-Mart rolled out a packaging scorecard that rates suppliers on their sustainability.
Energy Manager News
- Three Trends Align to Save Buildings Millions in Energy Costs
- Law Bars Energy Providers from Charging Early Termination Fees in the Event of Death
- Corporations Spend Big on Ballot Initiatives, Crushing Ratepayer Opposition
- Texas Retailer Offers Instant Rebate for Rooftop Solar, Offers High Credits for Excess Solar
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency
- CA, MA Tie for ACEEE Top Spot
- Integrated Dimmer/LED from Energy Focus
- In Duluth, This Month’s Utility Bills Include a Little Something Extra