CardPak, Winterborne Join Forces On Sustainable Packaging
CardPak Inc., and Winterborne Inc. are joining resources to bring sustainable packaging products and services to the clamshell and blister packaging markets, Graphic Arts reports.
Winterborne is known for its EnviroShell, which is made from recycled RPET and recycled corrugated.
CardPak has brought to market an ecological line of clamshell replacement packaging that eliminates up to 85 percent of plastic.
The companies say the partnership will make them a dominant force in sustainable replacements for traditional plastic clamshell and blister type packaging.
Companies have been working hard to offer sustainable packaging. Most recently, Danjim announced a new shirt bag made from polyvinyl alcohol that dissolves in hot or cold water. Speedo also announced its goggles will be packaged in sustainable cardboard.
Earlier this year, Wal-Mart rolled out a packaging scorecard that rates suppliers on their sustainability.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending August 28
- Columbus Energy Challenge Falling Short
- Building on Alaskan Campus Gets LEED Certification
- BT Group Launches Division to Help Property Owners
- Price of Renewables Approaching Fossil Fuels, Nuclear
- The Use of Renewables in Mining Operations
- ASHRAE Proposes “Backbone” for Building Rating Programs
- Greenskies Enlarges Wesleyan University’s Microgrid