Office Depot Offers Tech Trade-In Program
Office Depot announced it is launching the Office Depot Tech Trade-In program. The program is partnering with N.E.W. Customer Service Companies Inc. to offer Office Depot gift cards for customers who recycle their small- to medium-size electronics.
The program accepts LCD monitors, LCD TVs, digital cameras, desktop and laptop computers, gaming systems, MP3 players, camcorders, Smartphones, PDAs, and printers. The program is powered by ecoNEW, a program administered by N.E.W.
The amount on the gift card is determined by a recycle trade-in value generated through the program’s Web site. Consumers need to enter information about the products they intend to recycle, and their contact information. Once a customer confirms the transaction, a free shipping label is generated for them to ship the products for recycling. After the recycling center receives the items, an Office Depot gift card is mailed to the customer.
The Office Depot Tech Trade-In program has a “no export and no landfill” guarantee. The company says the electronic equipment received will either be recycled or reconditioned.
In June, Best Buy launched a test of its newest electronics recycling program to 117 U.S. stores in the Baltimore, San Francisco, and Minnesota areas.
More on electronics recycling options for retailers here.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Con Edison Development Procures GE Energy Storage System
- Courthouse Replaces Oversized Boiler
- Indoor Farming Company Works on HVAC with PUE 1.0
- Toolkits Designed to Help Health Care Facilities Reduce Energy
- San Antonio Macyâ€™s Store Showcases Better Buildings Challenge Measures
- Natural Gas Gensets to Reach 27 GW of Installed Capacity by 2024
- Larson Releases a Solar Powered Generator with Manual Crank Mast
- Energy Efficiency in Food Service Businesses