Office Depot Offers Tech Trade-In Program
Office Depot announced it is launching the Office Depot Tech Trade-In program. The program is partnering with N.E.W. Customer Service Companies Inc. to offer Office Depot gift cards for customers who recycle their small- to medium-size electronics.
The program accepts LCD monitors, LCD TVs, digital cameras, desktop and laptop computers, gaming systems, MP3 players, camcorders, Smartphones, PDAs, and printers. The program is powered by ecoNEW, a program administered by N.E.W.
The amount on the gift card is determined by a recycle trade-in value generated through the program’s Web site. Consumers need to enter information about the products they intend to recycle, and their contact information. Once a customer confirms the transaction, a free shipping label is generated for them to ship the products for recycling. After the recycling center receives the items, an Office Depot gift card is mailed to the customer.
The Office Depot Tech Trade-In program has a “no export and no landfill” guarantee. The company says the electronic equipment received will either be recycled or reconditioned.
In June, Best Buy launched a test of its newest electronics recycling program to 117 U.S. stores in the Baltimore, San Francisco, and Minnesota areas.
More on electronics recycling options for retailers here.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland