Environmental Defense Fund Sells ‘High-Quality’ Carbon Offsets
Environmental Defense Fund has launched CarbonOffsetList.org, an online resource businesses and consumers can use to identify and purchase carbon offsets.
Developed through what EDF says was a rigorous review process in collaboration with a committee of external experts in the fields of science and policy, the website identifies 11 pre-screened, independently verified offset projects. EDF says it has no financial interest in any of the featured projects, gets no benefit from transactions initiated at the site and accepts no funding from corporate partners.
CarbonOffsetList.org features 11 emissions reduction projects ranging from capturing and destroying methane from landfills and dairy farms to reducing emissions at truck stops across the country. They are:
– Greater New Bedford LFG Utilization, Dartmouth, Mass., offered by CommonWealth Resource Management Corp. and Carbonfund.org
– North Country LFG Utilization, Bethlehem, N.H., offered by CommonWealth Resource Management Corp.
– Development Authority of the North Country Solid Waste Management Facility, Rodman, N.Y., offered by Carbonfund.org
– Upper Rock Island Landfill, East Moline, Ill., offered by Renewable Choice Energy
– Newton-McDonald County Landfill, Neosho, Mo., offered by 3Degrees
– Greater Lebanon Refuse Authority Landfill, Lebanon, Pa., offered by Terrapass
– Greenville County Landfill, Greer, S.C., offered by Sterling Planet
– Inland Empire Dairy Methane, Chino, Calif., offered by Carbonfund.org
– IdleAire Technologies Corporation Advanced Truckstop Electrification, Nationwide, offered by Carbonfund.org
– Integrated Gas Recovery Systems (IGRS) Landfill, Niagara Falls, ON, Canada, offered by GreenLife
– Irani Wastewater Methane, Santa Catarina, Brazil, offered by EcoSecurities
Environmental Defense Fund expects this list to continue to grow as additional information about the projects under consideration is received.
Energy Manager News
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion
- Certification Program Established for Green Button Standard
- Diesel Genset Market to Reach $68B by 2024, Navigant Says
- Emulsion Mist Collectors Designed for Heavy Industry
- IKEA Plugs In Fuel Cells at California Store