EPA’s New Program Aids Green at Work
The EPA is now encouraging employees to be more eco-friendly at work, with Energy Star @ Work. The new online tool provides tips and information on how to save energy and protect the environment.
Some of the tips included in the Energy Star @ Work tool include:
– Replacing the bulbs in desk lamps with Energy Star qualified CFL bulbs, which use about 75 percent less energy than incandescent bulbs and last up to 10 times longer.
– Using a power strip as a central “turn off” point.
– Remembering to turn off lights when leaving conference rooms and the work space.
– Using Energy Star qualified battery chargers or power adapters which, on average, use 30 to 35 percent less energy than conventional models.
– Creating a Green Team with co-workers to help reduce office waste, and setting a goal to earn the Energy Star label for the office.
Energy Manager News
- Efficiency Project Complete in Meriden, CT
- BuildingIQ Makes 2 Moves
- Constellation Acquiring Retail Electricity, Natural Gas Businesses from ConEdison Solutions
- Peninsula Clean Energy Authority Chooses Direct Energy as Supplier
- Energy Efficiency is Growing on Farms
- DC Pushes Renewables
- Stockton Tabs Ygrene for PACE Financing
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: July 22, 2016