Sustainable Minds, Autodesk Develop Environmental Tools For Designers
Autodesk and Sustainable Minds have teamed up to develop software and information services for Autodesk’s digital prototyping solution. The goal is to provide industrial designers and engineers the knowledge to understand the environmental impacts of a new product.
An on-demand software and information suite will help designers estimate a product’s life cycle impact. This life cycle assessment software will complement Autodesk Inventor software.
In June, Sustainable Minds released software to help answer sustainable design questions.
In February, Autodesk acquired two energy analysis software companies – Green Building Studio, which provides web-based building energy analysis, and Carmel Software Corporation, which develops HVAC mechanical engineering software.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- SolarCity: We Have the World’s Most Efficient Rooftop Solar Panel
- Bridgestone Arena in Nashville Switches to LEDs
- Helping Building Automation Grow
- Municipalities Could Combine Small Cell and LED Upgrades
- Holistic Approach to Energy Savings in Dublin, Ohio Schools
- NYC One Step Closer to Net-Zero Energy Goal at Wastewater Treatment Plants
- ‘Better Buildings, Better Plants’ Saves $2.4B Over Five Years