Sustainable Minds, Autodesk Develop Environmental Tools For Designers
Autodesk and Sustainable Minds have teamed up to develop software and information services for Autodesk’s digital prototyping solution. The goal is to provide industrial designers and engineers the knowledge to understand the environmental impacts of a new product.
An on-demand software and information suite will help designers estimate a product’s life cycle impact. This life cycle assessment software will complement Autodesk Inventor software.
In June, Sustainable Minds released software to help answer sustainable design questions.
In February, Autodesk acquired two energy analysis software companies – Green Building Studio, which provides web-based building energy analysis, and Carmel Software Corporation, which develops HVAC mechanical engineering software.
Energy Manager News
- Battery Storage Giving Businesses a Break
- Could Ratepayers Foot the Bill for New Hampshire’s Pipelines?
- CenterPoint to Acquire Continuum’s Retail Energy Services Division
- LED Projects Must Be Carefully Planned
- Energy Managers Buoyed By Supreme Court’s Demand Response Decision
- Dover, N.H., Saves More Than Projected Under EPC
- Datacenters Underestimating Coal Use
- Transmission Upgrades Give SPP a $240M ‘Bang for the Buck’