Sainsbury’s Compostable Packaging Hits Shelves
Sainsburyâ€™s has launched compostable packaging for wet products, which will be tested in 40 of its stores, Recycling & Waste Management News & Information reports.
The retailer teamed up with Amcor Flexibles to use a compostable film in its So Organic Wild Rocket range. The packaging took Amcor Flexibles 18 months to develop and has passed all health and safety food contact legislation.
The new packaging maximizes both seal integrity and barrier properties. It is also water resistant and can run in a wet environment at standard speeds.
In July, Sainsbury’s won the European Retail Solutions Best Green IT Initiative Award 2008 for using simultaneous two-sided thermal receipt printers from NCR Corp. in its store checkouts.
Energy Manager News
- Digging Deep to Cure HVAC Inefficiency
- Technavio: Global Data Center Liquid Cooling Market Growing
- GE Shreveport Plant Finishes First Stage of Retrofit
- Entergy Arkansas Reaches Rate Settlement
- EMEX Named TEPA Aggregator/Broker/Consultant of the Year
- Switching to LEDs Without Leaving the Past Behind
- McKinstry Replacing 6,200 Lights with LEDs in Henderson, NV
- USDA Investing More than $300M in Efficiency, Renewables