Sainsbury’s Compostable Packaging Hits Shelves
Sainsburyâ€™s has launched compostable packaging for wet products, which will be tested in 40 of its stores, Recycling & Waste Management News & Information reports.
The retailer teamed up with Amcor Flexibles to use a compostable film in its So Organic Wild Rocket range. The packaging took Amcor Flexibles 18 months to develop and has passed all health and safety food contact legislation.
The new packaging maximizes both seal integrity and barrier properties. It is also water resistant and can run in a wet environment at standard speeds.
In July, Sainsbury’s won the European Retail Solutions Best Green IT Initiative Award 2008 for using simultaneous two-sided thermal receipt printers from NCR Corp. in its store checkouts.
Energy Manager News
- Building a Better Turbine
- Oracle and Opower to Team Up to Make Big Data Even Bigger
- Navigant: Big Growth Ahead for BMSes
- Water, Energy Steps Being Taken at 2 KY Correctional Facilities
- Western EIM Benefits Are Up to Nearly $65M with NV Energy Participation
- FirstEnergy Ohio Seeks Changes to Rate Plan to Ensure Price Stability for Customers
- Utility Data Aggregation: How to Take the Best Approach
- Making the IoT Work for Building Managers