Sainsbury’s Compostable Packaging Hits Shelves
Sainsburyâ€™s has launched compostable packaging for wet products, which will be tested in 40 of its stores, Recycling & Waste Management News & Information reports.
The retailer teamed up with Amcor Flexibles to use a compostable film in its So Organic Wild Rocket range. The packaging took Amcor Flexibles 18 months to develop and has passed all health and safety food contact legislation.
The new packaging maximizes both seal integrity and barrier properties. It is also water resistant and can run in a wet environment at standard speeds.
In July, Sainsbury’s won the European Retail Solutions Best Green IT Initiative Award 2008 for using simultaneous two-sided thermal receipt printers from NCR Corp. in its store checkouts.
Energy Manager News
- Commercial Refrigeration Benefits from Efficiency and Environmental Efforts
- TechNavio Releases Commercial AC Report
- Dubuque Meeting Hears About Energy Audits
- Science-Based Targets Inspire a Smarter Investment Strategy in Retail
- Missouri Lawmakers Resume Debate on Utility Rate Hikes
- Wake Forest Drops Its Residential and C&I Electric Rates
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- New York City Study Conclusion: Benchmarking Works