Sainsbury’s Compostable Packaging Hits Shelves
Sainsburyâ€™s has launched compostable packaging for wet products, which will be tested in 40 of its stores, Recycling & Waste Management News & Information reports.
The retailer teamed up with Amcor Flexibles to use a compostable film in its So Organic Wild Rocket range. The packaging took Amcor Flexibles 18 months to develop and has passed all health and safety food contact legislation.
The new packaging maximizes both seal integrity and barrier properties. It is also water resistant and can run in a wet environment at standard speeds.
In July, Sainsbury’s won the European Retail Solutions Best Green IT Initiative Award 2008 for using simultaneous two-sided thermal receipt printers from NCR Corp. in its store checkouts.
Energy Manager News
- New Energy Efficiency Law Could be Boon for HVAC Industry
- Black & Veatch World Headquarters Microgrid
- Caterpillar, First Solar Join to Develop Microgrids
- Hospital Reduces Energy 12%
- Cree LEDs Light 42-Campus Toledo Public School District
- Soraa Offers LED with Wireless Control
- States Use Energy Resource Permanent Funds for Various Purposes
- One Manâ€™s Experience with Engaging Building Operators