Sainsbury’s Compostable Packaging Hits Shelves
Sainsburyâ€™s has launched compostable packaging for wet products, which will be tested in 40 of its stores, Recycling & Waste Management News & Information reports.
The retailer teamed up with Amcor Flexibles to use a compostable film in its So Organic Wild Rocket range. The packaging took Amcor Flexibles 18 months to develop and has passed all health and safety food contact legislation.
The new packaging maximizes both seal integrity and barrier properties. It is also water resistant and can run in a wet environment at standard speeds.
In July, Sainsbury’s won the European Retail Solutions Best Green IT Initiative Award 2008 for using simultaneous two-sided thermal receipt printers from NCR Corp. in its store checkouts.
Energy Manager News
- Driving Energy Efficiency by Improving the Owner/Tenant Relationship
- Case Study: Fast Payback in New York City
- $8M Project to Upgrade Chillicothe (OH) Correctional Institute
- Three Trends Align to Save Buildings Millions in Energy Costs
- Law Bars Energy Providers from Charging Early Termination Fees in the Event of Death
- Corporations Spend Big on Ballot Initiatives, Crushing Ratepayer Opposition
- Texas Retailer Offers Instant Rebate for Rooftop Solar, Offers High Credits for Excess Solar
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency