Discount Drug Mart Retrofits 37 Stores, Expects 30% Energy Savings
More than half of Discount Drug Mart stores have completed lighting retrofits using a new GE lighting system. The system is expected to deliver about 30 percent in energy savings compared with the previous system ‚Äď over $560,000 annually across the 37 retrofitted stores, for the life of the lamps.
The retrofit includes shifting from 8-foot T12 linear fluorescent lamps and electromagnetic ballasts to energy-saving 32-watt 4-foot T8 linear fluorescent lamps and GE ProLine electronic ballasts from GE Consumer & Industrial.
The installation involves an average of 320 fixtures in each 25,000 square-foot store.
Companies that have also undergone lighting retrofits include NewPage Corp., which cut its facility’s energy usage by about 2.3 million kilowatt-hours annually; Hardee’s, which is retrofitting over 300 of its restaurants; and Trane, which has saved over $30,000 in energy costs.
Energy Manager News
- New Energy Efficiency Law Could be Boon for HVAC Industry
- Black & Veatch World Headquarters Microgrid
- Caterpillar, First Solar Join to Develop Microgrids
- Hospital Reduces Energy 12%
- Cree LEDs Light 42-Campus Toledo Public School District
- Soraa Offers LED with Wireless Control
- States Use Energy Resource Permanent Funds for Various Purposes
- One Man‚Äôs Experience with Engaging Building Operators