HR Software Reduces Paper Use, Carbon Footprint
According to Richard Thomas, director of product strategy and marketing at MidlandHR, human resource software can help companies with their corporate sustainability reporting and environmental strategies. If companies switched to electronic payslips, the UK could save 994 tones of carbon emissions per year.
On the company’s blog, Changeboard, Thomas writes that HR and payroll are central to CSR, and is typically where the responsibility for CSR strategies lies. HR software is now reducing heavily paper-driven processes by offering an integrated software program which centralizes data and reduces the amount of paper required.
Shelter introduced e-payslips in 2006. The organization’s payroll manager, Doug Bird commented that “Considering that we have 860 staff at Shelter, we could save at least 10,320 printed payslips per year, which would equate to approximately 29 kilograms of CO2 emissions per year.”
Some benefits of HR software includes:
— Online CV database: Allows CVs to be kept in an online database for current and future positions. CV assessment and psychometric tests can also take place online.
— E-payslips: Employees can receive an electronic record of every payslip, and help reduce the carbon footprint of the organization.
— Absence monitoring online: Line managers can enter data into the system directly, removing the need for paper forms to be passed to the HR department, and requiring them to input the information.
— Holidays: For all holiday requests, details can be entered online, removing the requirement to circulate requests on paper.
— Company expenses: An internal system can be used to record, monitor and authorize expenditures. For all expenditures, online recording can save paper usage, and provide a centralization of data
— Time sheets: An online system reduces paper usage, and speeds up the time required to honor payments.
Energy Manager News
- Don’t Write Off Energy Efficiency. It’s Just about to Have Its Day.
- 44 Companies Apply to Manage OSU Energy
- ASHRAE High-Performance Building Design Professional Certification Earns ANSI Accreditation
- Energy Management Targets Commercial Real Estate
- Home Depot Hires HVAC Provider for South Arizona Stores
- Voluntary Agreement Covers Energy of Home Internet Equipment
- Community Microgrids for a Sustainable Future – TEDx Talk
- Cree Restructures LED Business in Aggressive Pricing Environment