InterContinental Chicago O’Hare Buys RECs
InterContinental Chicago O’Hare Hotel has signed a renewable power purchase agreement with Constellation NewEnergy.
Under the contract, CNE will secure 4,475 megawatt hours of Green-e certified wind renewable energy certificates (RECs) to match the hotel’s energy usage for one year.
The REC purchase is equal to avoiding an estimated 3,500 metric tons of CO2 emissions; equivalent to saving 390,000 gallons of gasoline annually and removing 637 cars from the road.
In August, CNE also supplied the US Open with an estimated 2,000 REC to match the electricity consumption at the event.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi Appliances Launch AC JV
- Walmart Saving Money While Driving Efficiency
- Solutions to Help Reach Building Energy Management Goals
- Advanced Fans Cut Datacenter Energy Requirements
- Renew Financial Acquires FL PACE-Lender EcoCity Partners
- Solar Canopies in Maryland, California
- Increased Demand for EVs Driving Global Battery Management System Market