InterContinental Chicago O’Hare Buys RECs
InterContinental Chicago O’Hare Hotel has signed a renewable power purchase agreement with Constellation NewEnergy.
Under the contract, CNE will secure 4,475 megawatt hours of Green-e certified wind renewable energy certificates (RECs) to match the hotel’s energy usage for one year.
The REC purchase is equal to avoiding an estimated 3,500 metric tons of CO2 emissions; equivalent to saving 390,000 gallons of gasoline annually and removing 637 cars from the road.
In August, CNE also supplied the US Open with an estimated 2,000 REC to match the electricity consumption at the event.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- LAX Commissions New $438M Central Utilities Plant
- International Paper Receives Trucked Compressed Natural Gas
- Housing Authority Signs ESPC with Ameresco
- Solar Installed at USDA Buildings
- Eaton Supports 6.3 MW Hospital Solar Installation in New Jersey
- UK Grocery Store Chain Gives Refrigerators an Energy Savings Turbo Boost
- ATG Designs 120-watt LED Fixture for Gas Station Canopies
- Schneider Electric Launches PowerLogic PM8000 Line of Meters