Visa Launches Carbon Offset Card For Business
Visa Europe is launching a new â€˜greenâ€™ Visa card to business cardholders in industry and Government across Europe. This follows the earlier launch of a carbon neutral credit card â€“ the Visa GreenCard – in the Netherlands in 2004.
Visaâ€™s 4,600 member banks across Europe will be able to issue business Visa cards that offset carbon emissions as part of RePayâ€™s ClimaCount compensation program that Visa says supports sustainable projects. Every time a payment is made with the Visa card, the carbon emissions of the product or service is established and the emissions is offset through a project such as forestry or renewable energy.
Cardholders are able to access the website to check their purchases, their carbon emissions per transaction and the way that the emission will be offset.
Energy Manager News
- Wisconsin Power & Light Files for Higher Residential Base Rates, Lower Commercial Rates
- NMPRC Orders Extension in PNM Rate Case
- US Military Taking No Risks by Going Green, Saving Lives and Energy
- Affordable Housing Pushes Energy Efficiency
- Controlling Air Conditioners
- ZTE, Tancent Develop Modular Data Center
- First Quarter 2016: Green Energy Growing Faster than Natural Gas
- Delmarva Power Asks for Over $80M in Electric and Gas Base Rate Hikes