Visa Launches Carbon Offset Card For Business
Visa Europe is launching a new ‚Äėgreen‚Äô Visa card to business cardholders in industry and Government across Europe. This follows the earlier launch of a carbon neutral credit card ‚Äď the Visa GreenCard – in the Netherlands in 2004.
Visa‚Äôs 4,600 member banks across Europe will be able to issue business Visa cards that offset carbon emissions as part of RePay‚Äôs ClimaCount compensation program that Visa says supports sustainable projects. Every time a payment is made with the Visa card, the carbon emissions of the product or service is established and the emissions is offset through a project such as forestry or renewable energy.
Cardholders are able to access the website to check their purchases, their carbon emissions per transaction and the way that the emission will be offset.
Energy Manager News
- An Interesting Summer for PACE
- AAMA Offers Fenestration Course
- AEEE: Efficiency as a Resource is a Winner
- Chicago Cubs‚Äô Wrigley Field to be Powered by Commercial Retailer ENGIE Resources
- Who Should Pay for a Utility‚Äôs Bad Business Decisions ‚Äď Owners or Customers?
- Major Industries Could Be Moved By High Rates To Leave Wisconsin
- The World is About to See Whether Apple‚Äôs Solar Investment Pays Off
- BREEAM USA Takes Aim at In-Use Structures