Visa Launches Carbon Offset Card For Business
Visa Europe is launching a new â€˜greenâ€™ Visa card to business cardholders in industry and Government across Europe. This follows the earlier launch of a carbon neutral credit card â€“ the Visa GreenCard – in the Netherlands in 2004.
Visaâ€™s 4,600 member banks across Europe will be able to issue business Visa cards that offset carbon emissions as part of RePayâ€™s ClimaCount compensation program that Visa says supports sustainable projects. Every time a payment is made with the Visa card, the carbon emissions of the product or service is established and the emissions is offset through a project such as forestry or renewable energy.
Cardholders are able to access the website to check their purchases, their carbon emissions per transaction and the way that the emission will be offset.
Energy Manager News
- Energy-as-a-Service: Charting a Path Through Complexity
- Demand Energy, EnerSys Complete Storage Project
- Lunera Intros Pathway and Entryway LED
- FPL to Buy and Phase Out Coal-Powered Plant, Saving Customers $129M
- Environmental, Health and Safety Software Moves Forward
- Johnson Controls: Interest, Investment in Energy Efficiency Up
- First-Ever Statewide Endorsement of Retail Supplier, by Delaware, Goes to Direct Energy
- Oberlin, Ohio, Ratepayers to Receive $2.2M in Rebates for Sale of RECs