Visa Launches Carbon Offset Card For Business
Visa Europe is launching a new âgreenâ Visa card to business cardholders in industry and Government across Europe. This follows the earlier launch of a carbon neutral credit card â the Visa GreenCard – in the Netherlands in 2004.
Visaâs 4,600 member banks across Europe will be able to issue business Visa cards that offset carbon emissions as part of RePayâs ClimaCount compensation program that Visa says supports sustainable projects. Every time a payment is made with the Visa card, the carbon emissions of the product or service is established and the emissions is offset through a project such as forestry or renewable energy.
Cardholders are able to access the website to check their purchases, their carbon emissions per transaction and the way that the emission will be offset.
Energy Manager News
- Price of Carbon Credits Rises In Europe, Which is a Good Thing
- Iowa Utilities Get Pushback on Plans for Higher Rooftop Solar Rates
- Driving Energy Efficiency in Leased Commercial Space is Complicated â and Worthwhile
- Will Co-Firing Natural Gas and Coal Meet Clean Power Plan Standards?
- Pitkin County (CO) Looks for Solar Opportunities
- Solar Panels Working as Promised for Iowa Company
- China and India: Doing the Unimaginable to Address Climate Change
- Maine Solar Bill That Advocates Claim Could Save $100M Is Vetoed by Governor LePage