Visa Launches Carbon Offset Card For Business
Visa Europe is launching a new â€˜greenâ€™ Visa card to business cardholders in industry and Government across Europe. This follows the earlier launch of a carbon neutral credit card â€“ the Visa GreenCard – in the Netherlands in 2004.
Visaâ€™s 4,600 member banks across Europe will be able to issue business Visa cards that offset carbon emissions as part of RePayâ€™s ClimaCount compensation program that Visa says supports sustainable projects. Every time a payment is made with the Visa card, the carbon emissions of the product or service is established and the emissions is offset through a project such as forestry or renewable energy.
Cardholders are able to access the website to check their purchases, their carbon emissions per transaction and the way that the emission will be offset.
Energy Manager News
- LEED v4 is Ready to Take Center Stage
- Honeywell Upgrading Energy, Water Systems at The University of Mount Olive
- Three Boston Area Organizations Jointly Buying Solar Energy
- Insider â€˜Outsâ€™ Misleading Strategy Behind Floridaâ€™s Solar Amendment 1
- Mississippi Watchdog: Kemper Syngas Operations Could Raise Costs by 288%
- Waste-to-Energy Shows Growth in New Jersey, Maine and Florida
- Zen Ecosystems Introduces Zen HQ
- Flywheel Platform Introduced by GE