Visa Launches Carbon Offset Card For Business
Visa Europe is launching a new â€˜greenâ€™ Visa card to business cardholders in industry and Government across Europe. This follows the earlier launch of a carbon neutral credit card â€“ the Visa GreenCard – in the Netherlands in 2004.
Visaâ€™s 4,600 member banks across Europe will be able to issue business Visa cards that offset carbon emissions as part of RePayâ€™s ClimaCount compensation program that Visa says supports sustainable projects. Every time a payment is made with the Visa card, the carbon emissions of the product or service is established and the emissions is offset through a project such as forestry or renewable energy.
Cardholders are able to access the website to check their purchases, their carbon emissions per transaction and the way that the emission will be offset.
Energy Manager News
- Three Trends Align to Save Buildings Millions in Energy Costs
- Law Bars Energy Providers from Charging Early Termination Fees in the Event of Death
- Corporations Spend Big on Ballot Initiatives, Crushing Ratepayer Opposition
- Texas Retailer Offers Instant Rebate for Rooftop Solar, Offers High Credits for Excess Solar
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency
- CA, MA Tie for ACEEE Top Spot
- Integrated Dimmer/LED from Energy Focus
- In Duluth, This Monthâ€™s Utility Bills Include a Little Something Extra