Visa Launches Carbon Offset Card For Business
Visa Europe is launching a new â€˜greenâ€™ Visa card to business cardholders in industry and Government across Europe. This follows the earlier launch of a carbon neutral credit card â€“ the Visa GreenCard – in the Netherlands in 2004.
Visaâ€™s 4,600 member banks across Europe will be able to issue business Visa cards that offset carbon emissions as part of RePayâ€™s ClimaCount compensation program that Visa says supports sustainable projects. Every time a payment is made with the Visa card, the carbon emissions of the product or service is established and the emissions is offset through a project such as forestry or renewable energy.
Cardholders are able to access the website to check their purchases, their carbon emissions per transaction and the way that the emission will be offset.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Bridgewater, MA, Gets $231,000 Efficiency Grant
- Biomass Group Studies Role in Clean Power Plan
- Rockleigh Borough Installing LEDs, Low Energy AC
- PHG to Build Big Gasification Plant for Sevier Solid Waste
- Energy Profile of Commercial Buildings Changing
- Smart Meter Market Surging
- Modular Data Centers Cut Construction Costs
- Failure to Build Energy Infrastructure Could Cost New England $5.4B