Wyndham Hotels Introduces Plastic Uniforms
Wyndham Hotels and Resorts launched a new uniform line for hotel staff which is made from recycled polyester fibers spun from plastic beverage bottles.
Recycled plastic bottles are processed into flakes, then filaments are spun into yarn, then woven into fabric.
The uniform will be introduced in select Wyndham hotels in fall. Front desk and other customer-facing employees will start wearing the uniform by the end of 2009; and housekeeping and other back-of-the house staff by 2010.
It seems that environmentally friendly fabric and designs are here to stay. Designers and sponsors at New York’s fashion week agreed that green fashion is sustainable.
This week, the hotelier also announced a “Global Green Day” event on Oct. 2, which will take place at Wyndham’s offices around the world. The goal is to boost the company’s commitment to environmental sustainability by focusing on educational events and to cut energy consumption throughout the company.
Energy Manager News
- New Energy Efficiency Law Could be Boon for HVAC Industry
- Black & Veatch World Headquarters Microgrid
- Caterpillar, First Solar Join to Develop Microgrids
- Hospital Reduces Energy 12%
- Cree LEDs Light 42-Campus Toledo Public School District
- Soraa Offers LED with Wireless Control
- States Use Energy Resource Permanent Funds for Various Purposes
- One Man’s Experience with Engaging Building Operators