Wyndham Hotels Introduces Plastic Uniforms
Wyndham Hotels and Resorts launched a new uniform line for hotel staff which is made from recycled polyester fibers spun from plastic beverage bottles.
Recycled plastic bottles are processed into flakes, then filaments are spun into yarn, then woven into fabric.
The uniform will be introduced in select Wyndham hotels in fall. Front desk and other customer-facing employees will start wearing the uniform by the end of 2009; and housekeeping and other back-of-the house staff by 2010.
It seems that environmentally friendly fabric and designs are here to stay. Designers and sponsors at New York’s fashion week agreed that green fashion is sustainable.
This week, the hotelier also announced a “Global Green Day” event on Oct. 2, which will take place at Wyndham’s offices around the world. The goal is to boost the company’s commitment to environmental sustainability by focusing on educational events and to cut energy consumption throughout the company.
Energy Manager News
- Smart Windows are a Smart Idea
- Behind the Meter Podcast: The Telecommunications Industry Addresses Energy Challenges
- Ambitious Goals for The Boulder Valley SD
- Philips, Cisco, Alliander Bringing Smart Lighting to Amsterdam
- TCAP to Negotiate Five-Year Electric Rates for Sherman, Texas
- Quality Power, Not Just Power, Should be the Goal
- Siemens Unveils Microgrid-as-a-Service Platform
- 18 Buildings Going Solar in D.C.