Wyndham Hotels Introduces Plastic Uniforms
Wyndham Hotels and Resorts launched a new uniform line for hotel staff which is made from recycled polyester fibers spun from plastic beverage bottles.
Recycled plastic bottles are processed into flakes, then filaments are spun into yarn, then woven into fabric.
The uniform will be introduced in select Wyndham hotels in fall. Front desk and other customer-facing employees will start wearing the uniform by the end of 2009; and housekeeping and other back-of-the house staff by 2010.
It seems that environmentally friendly fabric and designs are here to stay. Designers and sponsors at New York’s fashion week agreed that green fashion is sustainable.
This week, the hotelier also announced a “Global Green Day” event on Oct. 2, which will take place at Wyndham’s offices around the world. The goal is to boost the company’s commitment to environmental sustainability by focusing on educational events and to cut energy consumption throughout the company.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls