Alcoa and Pew Launch ‘Make an Impact’ Program
Alcoa and the Pew Center on Global Climate Change recently launched a consumer campaign to help find answers on how people can take actions in their daily lives to reduce environmental impacts.
“Make an Impact” includes a Web site with tools and resources to reduce energy bills and live more sustainably. It also has a carbon calculator, which provides individual carbon footprint analysis and personalized action planning.
The Alcoa Foundation has invested more than $8 million in community-driven climate change projects in the last year. Last year, Alcoa installed a 588 kilowatt solar power system at its Kawneer manufacturing facility in Visalia, California. The company also spent $22 million to double recycling capabilities at its Can Reclamation facility in Tennessee.
Energy Manager News
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage
- Ameresco to Upgrade Federal Prison in Butner, NC
- Alpen Introduces Window Package Rated at R10 Insulation