Xerox Offers More ‘Green’ Paper Choices
Xerox Corp. has unveiled a program of papers, resources and Web tools to help customers identify environmentally friendly paper, supplies and way to print.
As part of the program, Xerox is introducing additional papers in North America that are independently certified to sustainable forest management standards and new recycled papers designed for digital printing.
These include papers that use 20 percent post-consumer, recycled content and is certified by the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC). As well as Xerox’ Business Multipurpose 4200 Paper, which is now certified by the Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI). A FSC-certified version of the paper is also available. These products join Xerox’ High Yield Business Paper, which uses half as many trees in its production as traditional paper.
Xerox will also put a sustainability mark for green product identification and will be accompanied by a description of how the company supports the development of a sustainable paper cycle. The company is also offering a Web site to help customers assess their paper choices and the environmental impact throughout the paper’s life cycle.
In March, the company launched a sustainability calculator that measures the overall impact a company’s printers and copiers have on the environment.
Energy Manager News
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage
- Ameresco to Upgrade Federal Prison in Butner, NC
- Alpen Introduces Window Package Rated at R10 Insulation