Gore Calls For ‘Civil Disobedience’ To Stop Construction Of Coal Plants
Al Gore is urging young people to stop the construction of coal plants without carbon capture and sequestration technology through acts of disobedience, Reuters reports.
Speaking at the Clinton Global Initiative, Gore said:
“If you’re a young person looking at the future of this planet and looking at what is being done right now, and not done, I believe we have reached the stage where it is time for civil disobedience to prevent the construction of new coal plants that do not have carbon capture and sequestration.”
About 28 coal plants are under construction in the U.S. Another 20 projects have permits or are near the start of construction.
Energy Manager News
- Geothermal Heating and Cooling is Worth Another Look
- Bruce County, Ontario, Tabs Ecosystem
- Oklahoma University Scores Almost $300K Incentive
- Smart Tech Takes Over, Bolstered By Record Investment
- Amendment 4 in Florida Would Expand Solar Property Tax Exemptions to C&I Ratepayers
- Pennsylvania PUC Approves Temporary Waiver of ‘Instant Connect’ Confirmation Letters
- Two Studies Show the State of Energy Efficiency
- Phoenix Airport LED Project Moves Along