Gore Calls For ‘Civil Disobedience’ To Stop Construction Of Coal Plants
Al Gore is urging young people to stop the construction of coal plants without carbon capture and sequestration technology through acts of disobedience, Reuters reports.
Speaking at the Clinton Global Initiative, Gore said:
“If you’re a young person looking at the future of this planet and looking at what is being done right now, and not done, I believe we have reached the stage where it is time for civil disobedience to prevent the construction of new coal plants that do not have carbon capture and sequestration.”
About 28 coal plants are under construction in the U.S. Another 20 projects have permits or are near the start of construction.
Energy Manager News
- Infineon Unveils Integrated LED
- Want a Green and Energy Conscious Business? Try These Ideas
- FMPA: Power Costs Expected to Dwindle 30% to 40% Within Years
- Name-Dropping: CUB and Illinois AG Say Nicor Advanced Energy Should Change Identity
- Saving Energy – In the Restroom
- UAB Getting First Solar Array
- California is Among the National Leaders in Energy Efficiency and Economic Gains
- Westerly, RI, Making Moves to Improve Municipal Efficiency