Gore Calls For ‘Civil Disobedience’ To Stop Construction Of Coal Plants
Al Gore is urging young people to stop the construction of coal plants without carbon capture and sequestration technology through acts of disobedience, Reuters reports.
Speaking at the Clinton Global Initiative, Gore said:
“If you’re a young person looking at the future of this planet and looking at what is being done right now, and not done, I believe we have reached the stage where it is time for civil disobedience to prevent the construction of new coal plants that do not have carbon capture and sequestration.”
About 28 coal plants are under construction in the U.S. Another 20 projects have permits or are near the start of construction.
Energy Manager News
- Commercial Refrigeration Benefits from Efficiency and Environmental Efforts
- TechNavio Releases Commercial AC Report
- Dubuque Meeting Hears About Energy Audits
- Science-Based Targets Inspire a Smarter Investment Strategy in Retail
- Missouri Lawmakers Resume Debate on Utility Rate Hikes
- Wake Forest Drops Its Residential and C&I Electric Rates
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- New York City Study Conclusion: Benchmarking Works