Spartech Cuts Waste 54%
During 2007, Spartech Corporation prevented or recycling over 287 million pounds of waste, which represents a 54 percent increase over 2006 efforts.
Thirty-five of Spartech’s plants have been recognized by the U.S. EPA and WasteWise for the waste reduction. Each year, WasteWise develops an individualized Climate Profile for partners that translates waste prevention and recycling figures into greenhouse gas emission reduction equivalencies.
In 2007, Spartech reduced greenhouse gas emissions by 94,588 metric tons of carbon equivalent.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland