Spartech Cuts Waste 54%
During 2007, Spartech Corporation prevented or recycling over 287 million pounds of waste, which represents a 54 percent increase over 2006 efforts.
Thirty-five of Spartech’s plants have been recognized by the U.S. EPA and WasteWise for the waste reduction. Each year, WasteWise develops an individualized Climate Profile for partners that translates waste prevention and recycling figures into greenhouse gas emission reduction equivalencies.
In 2007, Spartech reduced greenhouse gas emissions by 94,588 metric tons of carbon equivalent.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Helping Building Automation Grow
- Municipalities Could Combine Small Cell and LED Upgrades
- Holistic Approach to Energy Savings in Dublin, Ohio Schools
- NYC One Step Closer to Net-Zero Energy Goal at Wastewater Treatment Plants
- ‘Better Buildings, Better Plants’ Saves $2.4B Over Five Years
- Report Details Massive UK Energy Waste
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi Appliances Launch AC JV