Spartech Cuts Waste 54%
During 2007, Spartech Corporation prevented or recycling over 287 million pounds of waste, which represents a 54 percent increase over 2006 efforts.
Thirty-five of Spartech’s plants have been recognized by the U.S. EPA and WasteWise for the waste reduction. Each year, WasteWise develops an individualized Climate Profile for partners that translates waste prevention and recycling figures into greenhouse gas emission reduction equivalencies.
In 2007, Spartech reduced greenhouse gas emissions by 94,588 metric tons of carbon equivalent.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage: It’s About the Software
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- India Launches Net-Zero Building Portal
- Companies Cooperating on Waste-to-Energy Projects
- Clean Energy Commitment in the Corporate and Local Small Business Sphere
- Xcel Asks for $90M ‘Switching Fee’ If Lubbock Utility Joins ERCOT
- EDF Sending 127 Climate Corps Fellows to 100 Organizations
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform