Spartech Cuts Waste 54%
During 2007, Spartech Corporation prevented or recycling over 287 million pounds of waste, which represents a 54 percent increase over 2006 efforts.
Thirty-five of Spartech’s plants have been recognized by the U.S. EPA and WasteWise for the waste reduction. Each year, WasteWise develops an individualized Climate Profile for partners that translates waste prevention and recycling figures into greenhouse gas emission reduction equivalencies.
In 2007, Spartech reduced greenhouse gas emissions by 94,588 metric tons of carbon equivalent.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage in the Fast Lane
- Alberta Firm Aims for Energy Neutral Egg Laying Barn
- The Department of Energy Seeks to Improve the Better Buildings Challenge
- Behind the Meter: The Many Advantages of Energy Benchmarking
- Telecommunications Companies Upgrade Their Approaches to Energy
- Cutting Energy Use in Fire Stations
- Revolution Lighting Signs School Districts in NY, NJ
- Green Building Boom Is Pumping Billions into US Economy, Retrofits Are Fueling the Trend