Enterprise Opens ‘Green Branch’ in California
Enterprise Rent-A-Car announced its first â€śGreen Branchâ€ťin Sacramento, where 70 percent of the fleet will be fuel efficient cars including hybrid vehicles and vehicles that average a highway fuel efficiency rating of at least 28 miles per hour or better.
The company is touting the branch as the first in California to concentrate hybrid, fuel-efficient vehicles in one rental location. The company opened four â€śGreen Branchesâ€ť in Atlanta, in April.
Enterprise launched a $1 million carbon offset initiative in April, with the goal of helping businesses better manage vehicle emissions.
In July, the company announced a move from PCs to HP thing clients, which it expects to cut energy consumption by 5 million kilowatt-hours and save about $500,000 annually.
Energy Manager News
- Two Studies Show the State of Energy Efficiency
- Phoenix Airport LED Project Moves Along
- Maine Businesses Shut Out of Power Program
- Stay Cool This Summer While Avoiding These Common Summer Pitfalls
- Coalition Seeks to Stop SCE&Gâ€™s Blank Check
- NARUC Releases DER Draft Rate Design Manual
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Pushing Sustainability, Efficiency with Green Leases
- The Tricky World of Portable Commercial Air Conditioners