Enterprise Opens ‘Green Branch’ in California
Enterprise Rent-A-Car announced its first āGreen Branchāin Sacramento, where 70 percent of the fleet will be fuel efficient cars including hybrid vehicles and vehicles that average a highway fuel efficiency rating of at least 28 miles per hour or better.
The company is touting the branch as the first in California to concentrate hybrid, fuel-efficient vehicles in one rental location. The company opened four āGreen Branchesā in Atlanta, in April.
Enterprise launched a $1 million carbon offset initiative in April, with the goal of helping businesses better manage vehicle emissions.
In July, the company announced a move from PCs to HP thing clients, which it expects to cut energy consumption by 5 million kilowatt-hours and save about $500,000 annually.
Energy Manager News
- Insider āOutsā Misleading Strategy Behind Floridaās Solar Amendment 1
- Mississippi Watchdog: Kemper Syngas Operations Could Raise Costs by 288%
- Waste-to-Energy Shows Growth in New Jersey, Maine and Florida
- Zen Ecosystems Introduces Zen HQ
- Flywheel Platform Introduced by GE
- Key Trends: Corporate Renewable Energy Procurement and Spend 2016
- Cogeneration Continues to Make Inroads
- Honeywell, OG&E Upgrading Tinker Air Force Base Assembly Plant