Enterprise Opens ‘Green Branch’ in California
Enterprise Rent-A-Car announced its first âGreen Branchâin Sacramento, where 70 percent of the fleet will be fuel efficient cars including hybrid vehicles and vehicles that average a highway fuel efficiency rating of at least 28 miles per hour or better.
The company is touting the branch as the first in California to concentrate hybrid, fuel-efficient vehicles in one rental location. The company opened four âGreen Branchesâ in Atlanta, in April.
Enterprise launched a $1 million carbon offset initiative in April, with the goal of helping businesses better manage vehicle emissions.
In July, the company announced a move from PCs to HP thing clients, which it expects to cut energy consumption by 5 million kilowatt-hours and save about $500,000 annually.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Helping Building Automation Grow
- Municipalities Could Combine Small Cell and LED Upgrades
- Holistic Approach to Energy Savings in Dublin, Ohio Schools
- NYC One Step Closer to Net-Zero Energy Goal at Wastewater Treatment Plants
- âBetter Buildings, Better Plantsâ Saves $2.4B Over Five Years
- Report Details Massive UK Energy Waste
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi Appliances Launch AC JV