Enterprise Opens ‘Green Branch’ in California
Enterprise Rent-A-Car announced its first âGreen Branchâin Sacramento, where 70 percent of the fleet will be fuel efficient cars including hybrid vehicles and vehicles that average a highway fuel efficiency rating of at least 28 miles per hour or better.
The company is touting the branch as the first in California to concentrate hybrid, fuel-efficient vehicles in one rental location. The company opened four âGreen Branchesâ in Atlanta, in April.
Enterprise launched a $1 million carbon offset initiative in April, with the goal of helping businesses better manage vehicle emissions.
In July, the company announced a move from PCs to HP thing clients, which it expects to cut energy consumption by 5 million kilowatt-hours and save about $500,000 annually.
Energy Manager News
- TCAP to Negotiate Five-Year Electric Rates for Sherman, Texas
- Quality Power, Not Just Power, Should be the Goal
- Siemens Unveils Microgrid-as-a-Service Platform
- 18 Buildings Going Solar in D.C.
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Feb. 5
- At QER Roundtable, EPSA Recommends Competitive Pricing Improvements
- EPA Undeterred by Supreme Courtâs Delay of Clean Power Plan
- Lux: Google, Amazon Emissions Claims Inaccurate