Enterprise Opens ‘Green Branch’ in California
Enterprise Rent-A-Car announced its first â€śGreen Branchâ€ťin Sacramento, where 70 percent of the fleet will be fuel efficient cars including hybrid vehicles and vehicles that average a highway fuel efficiency rating of at least 28 miles per hour or better.
The company is touting the branch as the first in California to concentrate hybrid, fuel-efficient vehicles in one rental location. The company opened four â€śGreen Branchesâ€ť in Atlanta, in April.
Enterprise launched a $1 million carbon offset initiative in April, with the goal of helping businesses better manage vehicle emissions.
In July, the company announced a move from PCs to HP thing clients, which it expects to cut energy consumption by 5 million kilowatt-hours and save about $500,000 annually.
Energy Manager News
- Commercial Refrigeration Benefits from Efficiency and Environmental Efforts
- TechNavio Releases Commercial AC Report
- Dubuque Meeting Hears About Energy Audits
- Science-Based Targets Inspire a Smarter Investment Strategy in Retail
- Missouri Lawmakers Resume Debate on Utility Rate Hikes
- Wake Forest Drops Its Residential and C&I Electric Rates
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- New York City Study Conclusion: Benchmarking Works