Jewel-Osco Opens Energy-Efficient Store
Jewel-Osco announced it will seek LEED certification for its first âgreenâ store opening this week in Chicago.
The multi-leveled building is 65,000 square feet in size and will have sustainable design elements such as a reflective and heat emissive LiveRoof system. The system will incorporate vegetation, which will reduce energy consumption for heating and cooling.
Energy-efficient heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems, including temperature monitors were also installed.
The new store was built with recycled building materials sourced within a 500-mile radius to reduce transportation needs. Over 90 percent of the store’s construction debris was also recycled.
Energy Manager News
- Geothermal Heating and Cooling is Worth Another Look
- Bruce County, Ontario, Tabs Ecosystem
- Oklahoma University Scores Almost $300K Incentive
- Smart Tech Takes Over, Bolstered By Record Investment
- Amendment 4 in Florida Would Expand Solar Property Tax Exemptions to C&I Ratepayers
- Pennsylvania PUC Approves Temporary Waiver of âInstant Connectâ Confirmation Letters
- Two Studies Show the State of Energy Efficiency
- Phoenix Airport LED Project Moves Along