Jewel-Osco Opens Energy-Efficient Store
Jewel-Osco announced it will seek LEED certification for its first â€śgreenâ€ť store opening this week in Chicago.
The multi-leveled building is 65,000 square feet in size and will have sustainable design elements such as a reflective and heat emissive LiveRoof system. The system will incorporate vegetation, which will reduce energy consumption for heating and cooling.
Energy-efficient heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems, including temperature monitors were also installed.
The new store was built with recycled building materials sourced within a 500-mile radius to reduce transportation needs. Over 90 percent of the store’s construction debris was also recycled.
Energy Manager News
- New Refrigerant Rules Will Have Long Term Impact
- Building Data Platform from Leviton
- Athens, OH, Nears $4.28M Retrofit Project
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: September 23, 2016
- Feds Asked to Reverse Montana PSC Decision on Solar Charges
- Energy Retailer Crius Acquires Assets of Verengo
- Put Safety First in LED Installations
- Microsoft: Data Centers to Use 50% Renewables by 2018