Jewel-Osco Opens Energy-Efficient Store
Jewel-Osco announced it will seek LEED certification for its first âgreenâ store opening this week in Chicago.
The multi-leveled building is 65,000 square feet in size and will have sustainable design elements such as a reflective and heat emissive LiveRoof system. The system will incorporate vegetation, which will reduce energy consumption for heating and cooling.
Energy-efficient heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems, including temperature monitors were also installed.
The new store was built with recycled building materials sourced within a 500-mile radius to reduce transportation needs. Over 90 percent of the store’s construction debris was also recycled.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Helping Building Automation Grow
- Municipalities Could Combine Small Cell and LED Upgrades
- Holistic Approach to Energy Savings in Dublin, Ohio Schools
- NYC One Step Closer to Net-Zero Energy Goal at Wastewater Treatment Plants
- âBetter Buildings, Better Plantsâ Saves $2.4B Over Five Years
- Report Details Massive UK Energy Waste
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi Appliances Launch AC JV