Jewel-Osco Opens Energy-Efficient Store
Jewel-Osco announced it will seek LEED certification for its first âgreenâ store opening this week in Chicago.
The multi-leveled building is 65,000 square feet in size and will have sustainable design elements such as a reflective and heat emissive LiveRoof system. The system will incorporate vegetation, which will reduce energy consumption for heating and cooling.
Energy-efficient heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems, including temperature monitors were also installed.
The new store was built with recycled building materials sourced within a 500-mile radius to reduce transportation needs. Over 90 percent of the store’s construction debris was also recycled.
Energy Manager News
- Smart Windows are a Smart Idea
- Behind the Meter Podcast: The Telecommunications Industry Addresses Energy Challenges
- Ambitious Goals for The Boulder Valley SD
- Philips, Cisco, Alliander Bringing Smart Lighting to Amsterdam
- TCAP to Negotiate Five-Year Electric Rates for Sherman, Texas
- Quality Power, Not Just Power, Should be the Goal
- Siemens Unveils Microgrid-as-a-Service Platform
- 18 Buildings Going Solar in D.C.