Enterprise Launches Nationwide Car Sharing Program
Enterprise Rent-A-Car announced that its car sharing program, WeCar, is now available nationwide. The new offering provides hourly car rental options from a fleet largely made up of hybrids and other fuel-efficient vehicles.
A pilot WeCar program was tried at Washington University in St. Louis, and since then Enterprise has begun partnering with new customers such as Recreational Equipment Inc., in Kent, Wash.
After enrolling in the program, members can reserve a vehicle online for all transportation needs at any time. The cars are placed in designated parking spaces where they can be accessed electronically.
The company recently opened a “Green Branch” in California, where 70 percent of the fleet is fuel-efficient vehicles and vehicles that average a highway fuel efficiency rating of at least 28 miles per hour or better.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- SolarCity: We Have the World’s Most Efficient Rooftop Solar Panel
- Bridgestone Arena in Nashville Switches to LEDs
- Helping Building Automation Grow
- Municipalities Could Combine Small Cell and LED Upgrades
- Holistic Approach to Energy Savings in Dublin, Ohio Schools
- NYC One Step Closer to Net-Zero Energy Goal at Wastewater Treatment Plants
- ‘Better Buildings, Better Plants’ Saves $2.4B Over Five Years