Enterprise Launches Nationwide Car Sharing Program
Enterprise Rent-A-Car announced that its car sharing program, WeCar, is now available nationwide. The new offering provides hourly car rental options from a fleet largely made up of hybrids and other fuel-efficient vehicles.
A pilot WeCar program was tried at Washington University in St. Louis, and since then Enterprise has begun partnering with new customers such as Recreational Equipment Inc., in Kent, Wash.
After enrolling in the program, members can reserve a vehicle online for all transportation needs at any time. The cars are placed in designated parking spaces where they can be accessed electronically.
The company recently opened a “Green Branch” in California, where 70 percent of the fleet is fuel-efficient vehicles and vehicles that average a highway fuel efficiency rating of at least 28 miles per hour or better.
Energy Manager News
- Power Over Ethernet: A Smart Power Option for Smart Buildings
- Seminole County Sports Complex Moves to LEDs
- GlacialPower Intros LED Driver
- The Hunt for Reforming Energy Markets
- New Hampshire Shopping Site Offers Over 70 Competitive Retail Plans
- KCC Slashes Westar Transmission Delivery Fee
- Reach Out to Finance Execs With Data They Understand
- Energy Trust of Oregon Exceeded 2015 Goals