Enterprise Launches Nationwide Car Sharing Program
Enterprise Rent-A-Car announced that its car sharing program, WeCar, is now available nationwide. The new offering provides hourly car rental options from a fleet largely made up of hybrids and other fuel-efficient vehicles.
A pilot WeCar program was tried at Washington University in St. Louis, and since then Enterprise has begun partnering with new customers such as Recreational Equipment Inc., in Kent, Wash.
After enrolling in the program, members can reserve a vehicle online for all transportation needs at any time. The cars are placed in designated parking spaces where they can be accessed electronically.
The company recently opened a “Green Branch” in California, where 70 percent of the fleet is fuel-efficient vehicles and vehicles that average a highway fuel efficiency rating of at least 28 miles per hour or better.
Energy Manager News
- In Duluth, This Month’s Utility Bills Include a Little Something Extra
- PSEG Surreptitiously Starts Retail Energy Supplier
- New Refrigerant Rules Will Have Long Term Impact
- Building Data Platform from Leviton
- Athens, OH, Nears $4.28M Retrofit Project
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: September 23, 2016
- Feds Asked to Reverse Montana PSC Decision on Solar Charges
- Energy Retailer Crius Acquires Assets of Verengo