Enterprise Launches Nationwide Car Sharing Program
Enterprise Rent-A-Car announced that its car sharing program, WeCar, is now available nationwide. The new offering provides hourly car rental options from a fleet largely made up of hybrids and other fuel-efficient vehicles.
A pilot WeCar program was tried at Washington University in St. Louis, and since then Enterprise has begun partnering with new customers such as Recreational Equipment Inc., in Kent, Wash.
After enrolling in the program, members can reserve a vehicle online for all transportation needs at any time. The cars are placed in designated parking spaces where they can be accessed electronically.
The company recently opened a “Green Branch” in California, where 70 percent of the fleet is fuel-efficient vehicles and vehicles that average a highway fuel efficiency rating of at least 28 miles per hour or better.
Energy Manager News
- At QER Roundtable, EPSA Recommends Competitive Pricing Improvements
- EPA Undeterred by Supreme Court’s Delay of Clean Power Plan
- Lux: Google, Amazon Emissions Claims Inaccurate
- FIU Again Tops in Energy Efficiency
- Invenergy Selling Wind Power to 3M
- U.S. House Subcommittee Reviews Kennedy’s Fair RATES Act
- Nevada PAC Seeks Entry into State for Retail Energy Suppliers
- Using Big Data to Help Solve the Big Building Energy Problem