Enterprise Launches Nationwide Car Sharing Program
Enterprise Rent-A-Car announced that its car sharing program, WeCar, is now available nationwide. The new offering provides hourly car rental options from a fleet largely made up of hybrids and other fuel-efficient vehicles.
A pilot WeCar program was tried at Washington University in St. Louis, and since then Enterprise has begun partnering with new customers such as Recreational Equipment Inc., in Kent, Wash.
After enrolling in the program, members can reserve a vehicle online for all transportation needs at any time. The cars are placed in designated parking spaces where they can be accessed electronically.
The company recently opened a “Green Branch” in California, where 70 percent of the fleet is fuel-efficient vehicles and vehicles that average a highway fuel efficiency rating of at least 28 miles per hour or better.
Energy Manager News
- Under Hawaiian Electric’s New TOU Pilot Plan, Time Is Money
- SCE&G Retail Rate Adjustment Will Be Close to Break-Even for Customers
- LEED v4 is Ready to Take Center Stage
- Honeywell Upgrading Energy, Water Systems at The University of Mount Olive
- Three Boston Area Organizations Jointly Buying Solar Energy
- Insider ‘Outs’ Misleading Strategy Behind Florida’s Solar Amendment 1
- Mississippi Watchdog: Kemper Syngas Operations Could Raise Costs by 288%
- Waste-to-Energy Shows Growth in New Jersey, Maine and Florida