Pepsi Launches Two Green Websites
Pepsi-Cola North America announced it has launched two interactive Web sites â€“ Pepsi Eco Challenge and Pepsi Recycling — to encourage consumers to become more environmentally responsible. The sites, in part, will highlight Pepsi’s progress towards reaching goals of reducing water consumption by 20 percent, electricity use by 20 percent and fuels consumption by 25 percent – all by 2015.
The Eco Challenge site is organized around three main sections: Energy, Water, and Sustainable Packaging. Each section explains the impact Pepsi’s operations and products have on the environment and talks about what the company is doing to reduce its impact. The site also includes a Glossary & Facts section, to help visitors build their understanding of environmental sustainability, and a News section to highlight recent events in Pepsi’s environmental journey.
Pepsi Recycling encourages visitors to recycle by taking the Pepsi Recycling Challenge. The site offers a short quiz and invites visitors to recycle more bottles and cans. By taking the short quiz and pledging, visitors can enter a sweeps to win prizes.
In May, the company announced a 20-percent reduction in plastic used to make Pepsiâ€™s 500ml flavored non-carbonated beverage bottles, which will eliminate about 20 million pounds of waste a year from the environment.
Pepsi also featured recycling facts and messages provided by the National Recycling Coalition on 500 million Pepsi cans and 250 million Diet Pepsi cans.
Energy Manager News
- The Evolution of Customer Renewable Energy Choice
- Target, adidas, Walmart Honored for Efficient Roof-Top Units
- Rising Tide of Energy Storage Floats all Boats
- Better Buildings Alliance Launches Indoor Lighting Campaign for Commercial Buildings
- Scaling of Energy Storage Market Hinges on ESSI Vendors
- CalCom Solar to Deploy 1.1MW at Dairy
- Raritan Combines DCIM, IT Management for Data Centers
- Army to Save $113M Over 19 Years with CHP Plant