Fast-Moving Eco-Friendly Consumer Goods Appeal to Many
Certain fast-moving, environmentally-friendly consumable products are being used by a significant portion of the U.S. general population, according to the Natural Marketing Institute. More than one-third of consumers are purchasing natural/organic personal care products, natural foods and beverages, and CFLs.
LOHAS consumers, the portion of the population that is most interested in sustainability and the earliest adopters of sustainable products, reports higher usage of all listed products. They are twice as likely to use emerging eco-friendly products like organic flowers, organic lawn care and natural household cleaning products.
Consumers state higher consumption of “natural” versus “organic” foods and beverages. This is driven by a wide range of factors including levels of understanding, availability, price, perceived benefits, among others.
Energy Manager News
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion
- Certification Program Established for Green Button Standard
- Diesel Genset Market to Reach $68B by 2024, Navigant Says
- Emulsion Mist Collectors Designed for Heavy Industry
- IKEA Plugs In Fuel Cells at California Store