Fast-Moving Eco-Friendly Consumer Goods Appeal to Many
Certain fast-moving, environmentally-friendly consumable products are being used by a significant portion of the U.S. general population, according to the Natural Marketing Institute. More than one-third of consumers are purchasing natural/organic personal care products, natural foods and beverages, and CFLs.
LOHAS consumers, the portion of the population that is most interested in sustainability and the earliest adopters of sustainable products, reports higher usage of all listed products. They are twice as likely to use emerging eco-friendly products like organic flowers, organic lawn care and natural household cleaning products.
Consumers state higher consumption of “natural” versus “organic” foods and beverages. This is driven by a wide range of factors including levels of understanding, availability, price, perceived benefits, among others.
Energy Manager News
- Some Insurance Companies Invested Too Heavily in Fossil Fuels, says Ceres
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending May 20, 2016
- CAL-ISO Study: Regional Energy Market Could Yield $1.5B in Savings Annually to Ratepayers
- Sands to Stay, But MGM and Wynn Still Plan to Leave NV Energy
- Turning Data into Knowledge–and Action
- STULZ, CoolIT Enter Data Center Cooling Pact
- Smart Grid Partnership Announced in Europe
- Wisconsin Power & Light Files for Higher Residential Base Rates, Lower Commercial Rates