Fast-Moving Eco-Friendly Consumer Goods Appeal to Many
Certain fast-moving, environmentally-friendly consumable products are being used by a significant portion of the U.S. general population, according to the Natural Marketing Institute. More than one-third of consumers are purchasing natural/organic personal care products, natural foods and beverages, and CFLs.
LOHAS consumers, the portion of the population that is most interested in sustainability and the earliest adopters of sustainable products, reports higher usage of all listed products. They are twice as likely to use emerging eco-friendly products like organic flowers, organic lawn care and natural household cleaning products.
Consumers state higher consumption of “natural” versus “organic” foods and beverages. This is driven by a wide range of factors including levels of understanding, availability, price, perceived benefits, among others.
Energy Manager News
- U.S. House Subcommittee Reviews Kennedy’s Fair RATES Act
- Nevada PAC Seeks Entry into State for Retail Energy Suppliers
- Using Big Data to Help Solve the Big Building Energy Problem
- Smart Computer Use Hikes Energy Efficiency
- Flint Water Crisis Uncovers Ignoble Decisions and Neglect of Existing Enviro Regs
- Trimble Acquires Sefaira
- Truman (MO) State: “We’ll Save $1 Million Annually on Energy Upgrade”
- PJM Tool Demos How Price Fluctuations, Weather Impact Customer Bills