Aegis Acquires Clownfish
Aegis Group announced this week that it acquired Clownfish and would integrate it into Aegis’ Isobar operations, MediaPost reports.
Clownfish was founded in 2002, and specializes in helping brands and companies to understand how sustainability can improve business performance and communicate initiatives authentically.
Terms of the deal were not disclosed, but Aegis said Clownfish has gross assets valued at $880,000.
The acquisition is the latest move by an agency into sustainability marketing. Other marketing companies have also been taking the green route.
Grey New York recently launched “Green It Forward” to encourage Madison Avenue agencies to share their eco-friendly practices and offers corporate discounts for bike purchases.
WPP Group is one of many agencies taking steps to reduce its carbon footprint. The company plans to cut the energy used by computers in its offices worldwide by 30 percent.
In January, Advertising giant Publicis Groupe bought sustainability consultancy Act Now and renamed it Saatchi & Saatchi S.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland