Office Depot Targets Eco-Conscious Consumers in Europe
Office Depot Inc., has been touting its green initiatives to environmentally conscious consumers in the U.S. for the past five years, but now the company is seeking to gain traction with eco-conscious consumers in Europe, the Statesman.com reports.
Marcel Jacobs, Office Depot’s manager for environmental strategy and marketing in Europe, told Statesman.com that the move is both ‚Äúlegislative- and customer-driven.‚ÄĚ
The company is testing battery-powered electric vans in Britain, and is also offering contract customers free customized reporting of carbon footprints. Across Europe next year, the company will also introduce biodegradable packaging, remanufactured ink cartridges, and a rechargeable alkaline battery.
In Hungary, the company is planning to launch ‚Äúgreen corners‚ÄĚ at 17 retail locations.
Back in the U.S., the company launched a tech trade-in program in September. The program offers Office Depot gift cards for customers who recycle their small- to medium-size electronics.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Con Edison Development Procures GE Energy Storage System
- Courthouse Replaces Oversized Boiler
- Indoor Farming Company Works on HVAC with PUE 1.0
- Toolkits Designed to Help Health Care Facilities Reduce Energy
- San Antonio Macy‚Äôs Store Showcases Better Buildings Challenge Measures
- Natural Gas Gensets to Reach 27 GW of Installed Capacity by 2024
- Larson Releases a Solar Powered Generator with Manual Crank Mast
- Energy Efficiency in Food Service Businesses