San Jose Adopts LEED Standards For All New Construction
San Jose City Council announced that the city is adopting mandatory green building standards for all new construction, San Jose Business Journal reports.
The standards will apply to all housing developments with 10 or more units. Commercial buildings under 25,000 square feet will be required to meet basic LEED standards. Buildings larger than 25,000 square feet must receive LEED Silver certification.
In July, California issued new statewide building standards, seeking to reduce energy consumption of buildings by 15 percent and reduce water used for landscaping by 50 percent.
Energy Manager News
- Six Critical Tips to Transform Your Organization’s Energy Management
- Supreme Court to Review Demand Response Decision
- Dartmouth Upgrades Field House Lighting with Digital Lumens
- Tesla Needs More Partnerships for Powerwall Success, Says Lux
- College Installs 2.5 MW of Solar
- Gexpro, Geli, Ideal Power, LG Chem Join for Battery Energy Storage
- LEDs Facilitate Retail Shopping Applications
- The Hidden Pitfalls of Natural Gas Cost Savings