AT&T Releases Sustainability Report
AT&T Inc. released its 2007/2008 Citizenship and Sustainability Report (PDF). The company says it is reducing the environmental impact of its operations and helping customers find ways to reduce their impact through the use of information and communication technology.
In 2008, the company introduced a new fleet of alternative-fuel vehicles and is installing a 1 megawatt solar panel system at its San Ramon, Calif., campus. In addition, 10 percent of electricity used at its Austin, Texas facilities is coming from wind power.
The company launched the AT&T Telepresence Solution, to help customers reduce travels, and is providing its AT&T U-verse TV customers with set-top boxes that meet energy-efficiency criteria set by EnergyStar.
In August, AT&T Services joined The Green Grid and also announced it will supply data center performance information to assist the EPA in developing a new Energy Star rating for data center infrastructure.
Energy Manager News
- Two Critical Questions to Ask Yourself About Your Current Energy Contract
- Pepco and Exelon Say Customers Have Benefitted$440 Million Since Merger
- ICC Issues Stringent Consumer Protection Rules For Retail Electric Suppliers
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge