AT&T Releases Sustainability Report
AT&T Inc. released its 2007/2008 Citizenship and Sustainability Report (PDF). The company says it is reducing the environmental impact of its operations and helping customers find ways to reduce their impact through the use of information and communication technology.
In 2008, the company introduced a new fleet of alternative-fuel vehicles and is installing a 1 megawatt solar panel system at its San Ramon, Calif., campus. In addition, 10 percent of electricity used at its Austin, Texas facilities is coming from wind power.
The company launched the AT&T Telepresence Solution, to help customers reduce travels, and is providing its AT&T U-verse TV customers with set-top boxes that meet energy-efficiency criteria set by EnergyStar.
In August, AT&T Services joined The Green Grid and also announced it will supply data center performance information to assist the EPA in developing a new Energy Star rating for data center infrastructure.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- MaxLite Introduces LED Lensed Retrofit Kit
- Molson Coors Saves Money, Cuts Emissions With Onsite Power
- RMI Report Traces the Rise of the Battery
- North Carolina’s Clean Energy Sector Adds Jobs, Hikes Revenue
- New Transceivers Boost Energy Efficiency Up to 20%
- Two Universities Gain by Switching Heat from Steam to Hot Water
- BrandSmart Uses PACE Financing to Upgrade
- GE’s Current Offers Energy-as-a-Service