AT&T Releases Sustainability Report
AT&T Inc. released its 2007/2008 Citizenship and Sustainability Report (PDF). The company says it is reducing the environmental impact of its operations and helping customers find ways to reduce their impact through the use of information and communication technology.
In 2008, the company introduced a new fleet of alternative-fuel vehicles and is installing a 1 megawatt solar panel system at its San Ramon, Calif., campus. In addition, 10 percent of electricity used at its Austin, Texas facilities is coming from wind power.
The company launched the AT&T Telepresence Solution, to help customers reduce travels, and is providing its AT&T U-verse TV customers with set-top boxes that meet energy-efficiency criteria set by EnergyStar.
In August, AT&T Services joined The Green Grid and also announced it will supply data center performance information to assist the EPA in developing a new Energy Star rating for data center infrastructure.
Energy Manager News
- Microgrids, Now Mainstream, Continue to Advance
- Developing Economies Increasing their Share of Renewable Capacity
- LG Chem In Big German Battery Project
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Nov. 20
- PUCO: ‘Fixed Means Fixed’ in Retail Contracts
- FERC Requires Reports on Price Formation
- Viridian Energy Moves into Texas Market
- PUC Approves PPL’s 6.1% Rate Hike