EPA Announces First WaterSense Partners of the Year
The EPA announced the first WaterSense Partners of the Year – the WaterSense program is the equivalent to the Energy Star rating system for energy efficiency.
— Promotional Partner of the Year: The Saving Water Partnership
— Manufacturer Partner of the Year: Kohler Co.
— Retailer and Distributor Partner of the Year: Ferguson
— Irrigation Partner of the Year: Timothy Malooly of Shorewood, Minn.
The EPA says the 2008 Partners of the Year helped advance the WaterSense mission through a range of activities demonstrating creativity and collaboration. They also promoted water efficiency from New York City’s Times Square to the Minnesota Zoological Garden. Three of the winning organizations have also worked together to educate plumbers and consumers on the benefits of WaterSense labeled products.
In 2007, WaterSense partners were responsible for labeling, selling and promoting more than 193,000 WaterSense labeled products, saving the U.S more than 277 million gallons of water annually.
In January, the Alliance for Water Efficiency said it will help promote EPA’s WaterSense program.
Energy Manager News
- Clean Energy Commitment in the Corporate and Local Small Business Sphere
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- Xcel Asks for $90M ‘Switching Fee’ If Lubbock Utility Joins ERCOT
- EDF Sending 127 Climate Corps Fellows to 100 Organizations
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform
- Fulham Retrofit Kits EPA Approved
- Brookings Study: Net Metering Offers Cost Benefits to All Utility Customers
- Window Films: Low Hanging Fruit for Efficiency Gains