EPA Announces First WaterSense Partners of the Year
The EPA announced the first WaterSense Partners of the Year – the WaterSense program is the equivalent to the Energy Star rating system for energy efficiency.
— Promotional Partner of the Year: The Saving Water Partnership
— Manufacturer Partner of the Year: Kohler Co.
— Retailer and Distributor Partner of the Year: Ferguson
— Irrigation Partner of the Year: Timothy Malooly of Shorewood, Minn.
The EPA says the 2008 Partners of the Year helped advance the WaterSense mission through a range of activities demonstrating creativity and collaboration. They also promoted water efficiency from New York City’s Times Square to the Minnesota Zoological Garden. Three of the winning organizations have also worked together to educate plumbers and consumers on the benefits of WaterSense labeled products.
In 2007, WaterSense partners were responsible for labeling, selling and promoting more than 193,000 WaterSense labeled products, saving the U.S more than 277 million gallons of water annually.
In January, the Alliance for Water Efficiency said it will help promote EPA’s WaterSense program.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- SolarCity: We Have the World’s Most Efficient Rooftop Solar Panel
- Bridgestone Arena in Nashville Switches to LEDs
- Helping Building Automation Grow
- Municipalities Could Combine Small Cell and LED Upgrades
- Holistic Approach to Energy Savings in Dublin, Ohio Schools
- NYC One Step Closer to Net-Zero Energy Goal at Wastewater Treatment Plants
- ‘Better Buildings, Better Plants’ Saves $2.4B Over Five Years