EPA Announces First WaterSense Partners of the Year
The EPA announced the first WaterSense Partners of the Year – the WaterSense program is the equivalent to the Energy Star rating system for energy efficiency.
— Promotional Partner of the Year: The Saving Water Partnership
— Manufacturer Partner of the Year: Kohler Co.
— Retailer and Distributor Partner of the Year: Ferguson
— Irrigation Partner of the Year: Timothy Malooly of Shorewood, Minn.
The EPA says the 2008 Partners of the Year helped advance the WaterSense mission through a range of activities demonstrating creativity and collaboration. They also promoted water efficiency from New York City’s Times Square to the Minnesota Zoological Garden. Three of the winning organizations have also worked together to educate plumbers and consumers on the benefits of WaterSense labeled products.
In 2007, WaterSense partners were responsible for labeling, selling and promoting more than 193,000 WaterSense labeled products, saving the U.S more than 277 million gallons of water annually.
In January, the Alliance for Water Efficiency said it will help promote EPA’s WaterSense program.
Energy Manager News
- Driving Energy Efficiency by Improving the Owner/Tenant Relationship
- Case Study: Fast Payback in New York City
- $8M Project to Upgrade Chillicothe (OH) Correctional Institute
- Three Trends Align to Save Buildings Millions in Energy Costs
- Law Bars Energy Providers from Charging Early Termination Fees in the Event of Death
- Corporations Spend Big on Ballot Initiatives, Crushing Ratepayer Opposition
- Texas Retailer Offers Instant Rebate for Rooftop Solar, Offers High Credits for Excess Solar
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency