Survey: Apple Most Eco-Friendly, Greenpeace Says Different
According to a research from TDG, Apple topped the list when consumers were asked which consumer technology brand they considered to be the most environmentally friendly.
Almost one-third of adult Internet users selected Apple, compared with Dell at 21% and HP at 15%.
But according to Greenpeace’s recent Guide to Green Electronics, Apple scored 4.1 on a 10-point scale, in 13th place behind Sony, Toshiba, Dell, Acer, HP, and Panasonic.
Michael Greeson, president of TDG and author of the report, says Apple’s eco-friendly image is the result of effective marketing and the brand’s aura of simplicity in both design and usage.
Energy Manager News
- 18 Organizations Recognized for Cutting Parking Facility Energy Use
- ASHRAE Updates Lighting and Controls Guidelines
- RI Town Begins $620,000 Energy Efficiency Upgrades
- Don’t Write Off Energy Efficiency. It’s Just about to Have Its Day.
- Businesses Offered ‘Instant Rebates’ from Utility
- Rocky Mountain Institute Provides Energy Retrofit Course
- DOE Awards $600,000 for Building Energy Efficiency Projects
- 3Degrees Helps Companies Procure Renewables