Survey: Apple Most Eco-Friendly, Greenpeace Says Different
According to a research from TDG, Apple topped the list when consumers were asked which consumer technology brand they considered to be the most environmentally friendly.
Almost one-third of adult Internet users selected Apple, compared with Dell at 21% and HP at 15%.
But according to Greenpeace’s recent Guide to Green Electronics, Apple scored 4.1 on a 10-point scale, in 13th place behind Sony, Toshiba, Dell, Acer, HP, and Panasonic.
Michael Greeson, president of TDG and author of the report, says Apple’s eco-friendly image is the result of effective marketing and the brand’s aura of simplicity in both design and usage.
Energy Manager News
- Microgrids, Now Mainstream, Continue to Advance
- Developing Economies Increasing their Share of Renewable Capacity
- LG Chem In Big German Battery Project
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Nov. 20
- PUCO: ‘Fixed Means Fixed’ in Retail Contracts
- FERC Requires Reports on Price Formation
- Viridian Energy Moves into Texas Market
- PUC Approves PPL’s 6.1% Rate Hike