Survey: Apple Most Eco-Friendly, Greenpeace Says Different
According to a research from TDG, Apple topped the list when consumers were asked which consumer technology brand they considered to be the most environmentally friendly.
Almost one-third of adult Internet users selected Apple, compared with Dell at 21% and HP at 15%.
But according to Greenpeace’s recent Guide to Green Electronics, Apple scored 4.1 on a 10-point scale, in 13th place behind Sony, Toshiba, Dell, Acer, HP, and Panasonic.
Michael Greeson, president of TDG and author of the report, says Apple’s eco-friendly image is the result of effective marketing and the brand’s aura of simplicity in both design and usage.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage: It’s About the Software
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- India Launches Net-Zero Building Portal
- Companies Cooperating on Waste-to-Energy Projects
- Clean Energy Commitment in the Corporate and Local Small Business Sphere
- Xcel Asks for $90M ‘Switching Fee’ If Lubbock Utility Joins ERCOT
- EDF Sending 127 Climate Corps Fellows to 100 Organizations
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform