Survey: Apple Most Eco-Friendly, Greenpeace Says Different
According to a research from TDG, Apple topped the list when consumers were asked which consumer technology brand they considered to be the most environmentally friendly.
Almost one-third of adult Internet users selected Apple, compared with Dell at 21% and HP at 15%.
But according to Greenpeace’s recent Guide to Green Electronics, Apple scored 4.1 on a 10-point scale, in 13th place behind Sony, Toshiba, Dell, Acer, HP, and Panasonic.
Michael Greeson, president of TDG and author of the report, says Apple’s eco-friendly image is the result of effective marketing and the brand’s aura of simplicity in both design and usage.
Energy Manager News
- Battery Storage Giving Businesses a Break
- Could Ratepayers Foot the Bill for New Hampshire’s Pipelines?
- CenterPoint to Acquire Continuum’s Retail Energy Services Division
- LED Projects Must Be Carefully Planned
- Energy Managers Buoyed By Supreme Court’s Demand Response Decision
- Dover, N.H., Saves More Than Projected Under EPC
- Datacenters Underestimating Coal Use
- Transmission Upgrades Give SPP a $240M ‘Bang for the Buck’