Survey: Apple Most Eco-Friendly, Greenpeace Says Different
According to a research from TDG, Apple topped the list when consumers were asked which consumer technology brand they considered to be the most environmentally friendly.
Almost one-third of adult Internet users selected Apple, compared with Dell at 21% and HP at 15%.
But according to Greenpeace’s recent Guide to Green Electronics, Apple scored 4.1 on a 10-point scale, in 13th place behind Sony, Toshiba, Dell, Acer, HP, and Panasonic.
Michael Greeson, president of TDG and author of the report, says Apple’s eco-friendly image is the result of effective marketing and the brand’s aura of simplicity in both design and usage.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Portland Likely to Require Energy Benchmarking
- Using Building Energy Management for Factories
- New Energy System Will Save Stanford $420M
- Tire Plant Earns Superior Energy Performance Gold Certification
- Acuity Brands Acquires Indoor Location Software Company
- NJ School District Hires Honeywell for Energy Upgrades
- CODA Energy 50 kWh Storage Tower Achieves UL Certification
- Con Edison Development Procures GE Energy Storage System