Coffee Bean Opens LEED-Certified Facility in Portland
Coffee Bean International, a wholly owned subsidiary of Farmer Bros Co., announced its new 125,000-foot coffee roasting and office facility in Portland will be the first coffee roaster in the Pacific Northwest to be LEED-certified.
The new location is a repurposed building which incorporates eco-friendly features such as a bio-swale for rain collection and recycled and low volatile organic compound materials.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Bridgewater, MA, Gets $231,000 Efficiency Grant
- Biomass Group Studies Role in Clean Power Plan
- Rockleigh Borough Installing LEDs, Low Energy AC
- PHG to Build Big Gasification Plant for Sevier Solid Waste
- Energy Profile of Commercial Buildings Changing
- Smart Meter Market Surging
- Modular Data Centers Cut Construction Costs
- Failure to Build Energy Infrastructure Could Cost New England $5.4B