Coffee Bean Opens LEED-Certified Facility in Portland
Coffee Bean International, a wholly owned subsidiary of Farmer Bros Co., announced its new 125,000-foot coffee roasting and office facility in Portland will be the first coffee roaster in the Pacific Northwest to be LEED-certified.
The new location is a repurposed building which incorporates eco-friendly features such as a bio-swale for rain collection and recycled and low volatile organic compound materials.
Energy Manager News
- EPA Undeterred by Supreme Court’s Delay of Clean Power Plan
- Lux: Google, Amazon Emissions Claims Inaccurate
- FIU Again Tops in Energy Efficiency
- Invenergy Selling Wind Power to 3M
- U.S. House Subcommittee Reviews Kennedy’s Fair RATES Act
- Nevada PAC Seeks Entry into State for Retail Energy Suppliers
- Using Big Data to Help Solve the Big Building Energy Problem
- Smart Computer Use Hikes Energy Efficiency