Orbitz To Rent More Hybrid Vehicles
Orbitz Worldwide Inc. announced an agreement with Fox Rent A Car, a rental company that specializes in airport rentals of hybrid and fuel-efficient vehicles. Orbitz Worldwide will offer Fox rentals across all the company’s brands, including Orbitz for Business.
The company says that year-over-year, hybrid rentals through Orbitz.com increased 80 percent in July 2008. In addition, a recent Orbitz study found that 35 percent of those surveyed say they are now renting smaller and more economical vehicles as a result of rising gas prices.
The company says that through its own corporate initiatives and eco-travel microsite, it is aiming to offset more than 12 million pounds of CO2 in partnership with CarbonFund.org in 2008.
Last year, the company launched a corporate citizenship initiative to raise environmental awareness, and an eco-travel microsite with environmentally-focused travel tools and content.
Energy Manager News
- Making Solar Inverters Smarter
- Unlocking the Power of Building Data
- Lockheed Martin Installs the GridStar Storage System at Syracuse Facility
- Schneider Electric Unveils Continuous Efficiency
- Avista Lauds ‘Fair’ Settlement in Idaho Rate Case
- BGE’s SEED Program Offers Energy Discounts to 19 Commercial Customers
- Retailer Offers 100% Solar Plan in Texas
- Dissecting the Data Revolution