Orbitz To Rent More Hybrid Vehicles
Orbitz Worldwide Inc. announced an agreement with Fox Rent A Car, a rental company that specializes in airport rentals of hybrid and fuel-efficient vehicles. Orbitz Worldwide will offer Fox rentals across all the company’s brands, including Orbitz for Business.
The company says that year-over-year, hybrid rentals through Orbitz.com increased 80 percent in July 2008. In addition, a recent Orbitz study found that 35 percent of those surveyed say they are now renting smaller and more economical vehicles as a result of rising gas prices.
The company says that through its own corporate initiatives and eco-travel microsite, it is aiming to offset more than 12 million pounds of CO2 in partnership with CarbonFund.org in 2008.
Last year, the company launched a corporate citizenship initiative to raise environmental awareness, and an eco-travel microsite with environmentally-focused travel tools and content.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Technology Creates a Brighter Future for Small and Mid-Sized Commercial Solar Investments
- Incentive Program Helps Companies Afford Energy Managers
- ARPA-E Issues Grants for Solar Modules
- C-PACE Financing Innovation to Help Connecticut Green Energy Sector
- Orion Wins School District Contracts, Increases Chances for Incentives
- Study: Smartest ‘Smart Building’ Owners Come from Retail, Manufacturing, Construction
- Low Cost IoT Solutions, Data Driven Analytics to Propel Energy Mgmt Market
- A Clean Energy Future in Sight