Pepsi Bottling Group Cuts 16,000 Tons of Plastic in 2007
Pepsi Bottling Group (PBG) recently released its first CSR report (PDF). The company reported that it saved 16,000 tons of plastic last year by reducing the amount of material in bottles by 20 to 30 percent.
PBG also reported that 100 percent of its U.S. electricity needs are offset through the purchase of renewable energy certificates.
The company reported that it conserved 300 million gallons of water per year and saw an 11 percent improvement in the efficiency of new, lighter-weight PBG trucks, which also delivers 16 percent more product per trip.
In August, the company picked Redemtech to handle its electronic waste initiatives.
Energy Manager News
- Reach Out to Finance Execs With Data They Understand
- Energy Trust of Oregon Exceeded 2015 Goals
- Mercy Housing, Promise Energy Teaming Up
- 30 Environmental Advocacy Groups Call on NARUC for Holistic Rate-Setting Guidelines
- New York State’s Summer of Energy
- Chicago Church Strives for Energy Efficiency
- Small, Medium Size Commercial Building Efficiency Market to Grow
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending June 24, 2016