Pepsi Bottling Group Cuts 16,000 Tons of Plastic in 2007
Pepsi Bottling Group (PBG) recently released its first CSR report (PDF). The company reported that it saved 16,000 tons of plastic last year by reducing the amount of material in bottles by 20 to 30 percent.
PBG also reported that 100 percent of its U.S. electricity needs are offset through the purchase of renewable energy certificates.
The company reported that it conserved 300 million gallons of water per year and saw an 11 percent improvement in the efficiency of new, lighter-weight PBG trucks, which also delivers 16 percent more product per trip.
In August, the company picked Redemtech to handle its electronic waste initiatives.
Energy Manager News
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion
- Certification Program Established for Green Button Standard
- Diesel Genset Market to Reach $68B by 2024, Navigant Says
- Emulsion Mist Collectors Designed for Heavy Industry
- IKEA Plugs In Fuel Cells at California Store