Pepsi Bottling Group Cuts 16,000 Tons of Plastic in 2007
Pepsi Bottling Group (PBG) recently released its first CSR report (PDF). The company reported that it saved 16,000 tons of plastic last year by reducing the amount of material in bottles by 20 to 30 percent.
PBG also reported that 100 percent of its U.S. electricity needs are offset through the purchase of renewable energy certificates.
The company reported that it conserved 300 million gallons of water per year and saw an 11 percent improvement in the efficiency of new, lighter-weight PBG trucks, which also delivers 16 percent more product per trip.
In August, the company picked Redemtech to handle its electronic waste initiatives.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland