Pepsi Bottling Group Cuts 16,000 Tons of Plastic in 2007
Pepsi Bottling Group (PBG) recently released its first CSR report (PDF). The company reported that it saved 16,000 tons of plastic last year by reducing the amount of material in bottles by 20 to 30 percent.
PBG also reported that 100 percent of its U.S. electricity needs are offset through the purchase of renewable energy certificates.
The company reported that it conserved 300 million gallons of water per year and saw an 11 percent improvement in the efficiency of new, lighter-weight PBG trucks, which also delivers 16 percent more product per trip.
In August, the company picked Redemtech to handle its electronic waste initiatives.
Energy Manager News
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage
- Ameresco to Upgrade Federal Prison in Butner, NC
- Alpen Introduces Window Package Rated at R10 Insulation