Pepsi Bottling Group Cuts 16,000 Tons of Plastic in 2007
Pepsi Bottling Group (PBG) recently released its first CSR report (PDF). The company reported that it saved 16,000 tons of plastic last year by reducing the amount of material in bottles by 20 to 30 percent.
PBG also reported that 100 percent of its U.S. electricity needs are offset through the purchase of renewable energy certificates.
The company reported that it conserved 300 million gallons of water per year and saw an 11 percent improvement in the efficiency of new, lighter-weight PBG trucks, which also delivers 16 percent more product per trip.
In August, the company picked Redemtech to handle its electronic waste initiatives.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending September 24
- Research Makes Gains on Combined Energy Systems, Heat Exchangers
- School Projects in MA, CO
- Pattern Energy Completes 200 MW Logan’s Gap Wind Facility in Texas
- Marine Corps Upgrading 37 Buildings at Camp Lejeune, N.C.
- Photovoltaic Projects in TN, CT
- California Pushing Solar to Economically Disadvantaged Communities
- QM Power Introduces Efficient Motor