Top 10 Low Power Desktop PCs
SmartPlanet recently released a list of the Top 10 Low Power Desktop PCs for consumers. They are ranked in order of wattage used.
1. Fit-PC Slim (6 watts)
Smallest computer in the list in terms of power consumption and physical size.
2. Aleutia E2 (8 watts)
Runs the Ubuntu Linux operating system and is designed to help spread computing in the developing world.
3. Asus Eee Box B202 (20 watts)
Doesn’t have the mass appeal of Asus’ EeePC laptop, but SmartPlanet says it’s worth a look.
4. Very PC Fulwood (27 watts)
Packs in a dual core processor while managing to be efficient.
5. Tranquil T2e Atom (29 watts)
Doesn’t have a fan and is reportedly very quiet.
6. Shuttle X27 (36 watts)
Requires assembly and uses Intel’s low power Atom chip.
7. Advent Eco PC (50 watts)
Boasts using less power than an old lightbulb.
8. RM EcoQuiet One 50 (58 watts, including monitor)
Runs a monitor and Windows computer for less power than a lightbulb
9. Dell Studio Hybrid (65 watts)
May not be the most efficient of the list, but you can get it in an optional bamboo finish.
10. Mac Mini (100 watts)
Uses more power than other machines listed but uses relatively lower power compared with other macs.
Energy Manager News
- Driving Energy Efficiency by Improving the Owner/Tenant Relationship
- Case Study: Fast Payback in New York City
- $8M Project to Upgrade Chillicothe (OH) Correctional Institute
- Three Trends Align to Save Buildings Millions in Energy Costs
- Law Bars Energy Providers from Charging Early Termination Fees in the Event of Death
- Corporations Spend Big on Ballot Initiatives, Crushing Ratepayer Opposition
- Texas Retailer Offers Instant Rebate for Rooftop Solar, Offers High Credits for Excess Solar
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency