Top 10 Low Power Desktop PCs
SmartPlanet recently released a list of the Top 10 Low Power Desktop PCs for consumers. They are ranked in order of wattage used.
1. Fit-PC Slim (6 watts)
Smallest computer in the list in terms of power consumption and physical size.
2. Aleutia E2 (8 watts)
Runs the Ubuntu Linux operating system and is designed to help spread computing in the developing world.
3. Asus Eee Box B202 (20 watts)
Doesn’t have the mass appeal of Asus’ EeePC laptop, but SmartPlanet says it’s worth a look.
4. Very PC Fulwood (27 watts)
Packs in a dual core processor while managing to be efficient.
5. Tranquil T2e Atom (29 watts)
Doesn’t have a fan and is reportedly very quiet.
6. Shuttle X27 (36 watts)
Requires assembly and uses Intel’s low power Atom chip.
7. Advent Eco PC (50 watts)
Boasts using less power than an old lightbulb.
8. RM EcoQuiet One 50 (58 watts, including monitor)
Runs a monitor and Windows computer for less power than a lightbulb
9. Dell Studio Hybrid (65 watts)
May not be the most efficient of the list, but you can get it in an optional bamboo finish.
10. Mac Mini (100 watts)
Uses more power than other machines listed but uses relatively lower power compared with other macs.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Behind the Meter: The Many Advantages of Energy Benchmarking
- Telecommunications Companies Upgrade Their Approaches to Energy
- Cutting Energy Use in Fire Stations
- Revolution Lighting Signs School Districts in NY, NJ
- Green Building Boom Is Pumping Billions into US Economy, Retrofits Are Fueling the Trend
- Energy Management: The Internet of Things Changes Everything
- Big Biogas Project Underway Down Under
- Kroger, Love’s Sign with LSI Industries