Freightliner, Navistar, Peterbilt Announce Green Offerings
Freightliner Trucks recently announced the Go for the Green program, which offers a $5,000 net incentive on orders for the Freightliner Business Class M2e Hybrid between now and December.
The company says the Business Class M2e Hybrid reduces fuel consumption by up to 1,500 per year when compared to non-hybrid drive train systems.
Navistar announced its expanding its offering of diesel electric hybrid trucks. The company unveiled the International DuraStar Hybrid tractor at the Hybrid Truck Users Forum in Indiana.
Navistar says the new hybrid tractor has proven to provide fuel savings from 20 to 25 percent on standard in-city pickup and delivery applications. The company says the new hybrid tractor emits up to 33 percent less hydrocarbon emissions and 35 percent less nitrogen oxide emissions versus standard diesel trucks.
Peterbilt Motors Co. announced that the company will offer three new liquefied natural gas (LGN) configurations on its Models 387, 386 and 367 in 2009. The LNG system is part of a joint agreement between Peterbilt and Westport Innovations Inc. to provide natural gas versions of select Peterbilt aerodynamic and vocational vehicles.
Energy Manager News
- Don’t Write Off Energy Efficiency. It’s Just about to Have Its Day.
- 44 Companies Apply to Manage OSU Energy
- ASHRAE High-Performance Building Design Professional Certification Earns ANSI Accreditation
- Energy Management Targets Commercial Real Estate
- Home Depot Hires HVAC Provider for South Arizona Stores
- Voluntary Agreement Covers Energy of Home Internet Equipment
- Community Microgrids for a Sustainable Future – TEDx Talk
- Cree Restructures LED Business in Aggressive Pricing Environment