HP Tops ABI Research’s Vendor Matrix Ranking
Hewlett-Packard tops the latest Vendor Matrix released by ABI Research. IBM and Cisco followed closely behind in second and third place, respectively. ABI Research evaluated data center equipment vendors’ efforts to improve their performance on energy conservation and environmental issues.
Stan Schatt, vice president and research director at ABI said although HP has not received the publicity of IBM’s Big Green efforts, the company “has perhaps the most extensive list of carbon goals of any vendor, with clear accountability each year on which goals have been met.”
Schatt says Cisco’s focus on network switching and storage means that it cannot offer quite as broad a portfolio of products and services under one roof but must rely on vendor partners to fill technology gaps and channel partners to provide integration services.
According to an IDC report, European data centers are facing an energy crisis, with energy consumption growing by more than 13 percent between 2006 and 2007.
Energy Manager News
- Digging Deep to Cure HVAC Inefficiency
- Technavio: Global Data Center Liquid Cooling Market Growing
- GE Shreveport Plant Finishes First Stage of Retrofit
- Entergy Arkansas Reaches Rate Settlement
- EMEX Named TEPA Aggregator/Broker/Consultant of the Year
- Switching to LEDs Without Leaving the Past Behind
- McKinstry Replacing 6,200 Lights with LEDs in Henderson, NV
- USDA Investing More than $300M in Efficiency, Renewables