HP Tops ABI Research’s Vendor Matrix Ranking
Hewlett-Packard tops the latest Vendor Matrix released by ABI Research. IBM and Cisco followed closely behind in second and third place, respectively. ABI Research evaluated data center equipment vendors’ efforts to improve their performance on energy conservation and environmental issues.
Stan Schatt, vice president and research director at ABI said although HP has not received the publicity of IBM’s Big Green efforts, the company “has perhaps the most extensive list of carbon goals of any vendor, with clear accountability each year on which goals have been met.”
Schatt says Cisco’s focus on network switching and storage means that it cannot offer quite as broad a portfolio of products and services under one roof but must rely on vendor partners to fill technology gaps and channel partners to provide integration services.
According to an IDC report, European data centers are facing an energy crisis, with energy consumption growing by more than 13 percent between 2006 and 2007.
Energy Manager News
- Flying High: Energy Efficiency, Renewables and Airports
- Want a Green and Energy Conscious Business? Try These Ideas
- Beazer Homes Wins Energy Star Award
- Infineon Unveils Integrated LED
- FMPA: Power Costs Expected to Dwindle 30% to 40% Within Years
- Name-Dropping: CUB and Illinois AG Say Nicor Advanced Energy Should Change Identity
- Saving Energy – In the Restroom
- UAB Getting First Solar Array