BT Offers Free Online Tool To Help Small Business Cut Energy Use
The tool is free for businesses with up to 250 employees. It helps small businesses to identify some of their key environmental impacts and learn how they can make practical changes to improve their energy efficiency and green credentials. The Web tool also takes into account how work patterns, such as travel and IT use; business operations; and company policies influence a firm’s carbon footprint.
Bill Murphy, BT Business’ managing director, says the new online tool, “levels the playing field for smaller businesses that may not be aware of how sustainable business practices in many cases carry financial benefits too.”
Last year, the company formed a sustainability practice in the UK and US aimed at large corporates and public sector organizations.
In 2007, the company reported that it has reduced its carbon footprint by 97,000 tons of CO2 per year by using phone conferences and videoconferencing to cut back on staff travel for meetings.
Energy Manager News
- New Refrigerant Rules Will Have Long Term Impact
- Building Data Platform from Leviton
- Athens, OH, Nears $4.28M Retrofit Project
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: September 23, 2016
- Feds Asked to Reverse Montana PSC Decision on Solar Charges
- Energy Retailer Crius Acquires Assets of Verengo
- Put Safety First in LED Installations
- Microsoft: Data Centers to Use 50% Renewables by 2018