BT Offers Free Online Tool To Help Small Business Cut Energy Use
The tool is free for businesses with up to 250 employees. It helps small businesses to identify some of their key environmental impacts and learn how they can make practical changes to improve their energy efficiency and green credentials. The Web tool also takes into account how work patterns, such as travel and IT use; business operations; and company policies influence a firm’s carbon footprint.
Bill Murphy, BT Business’ managing director, says the new online tool, “levels the playing field for smaller businesses that may not be aware of how sustainable business practices in many cases carry financial benefits too.”
Last year, the company formed a sustainability practice in the UK and US aimed at large corporates and public sector organizations.
In 2007, the company reported that it has reduced its carbon footprint by 97,000 tons of CO2 per year by using phone conferences and videoconferencing to cut back on staff travel for meetings.
Energy Manager News
- Infineon Unveils Integrated LED
- Want a Green and Energy Conscious Business? Try These Ideas
- FMPA: Power Costs Expected to Dwindle 30% to 40% Within Years
- Name-Dropping: CUB and Illinois AG Say Nicor Advanced Energy Should Change Identity
- Saving Energy – In the Restroom
- UAB Getting First Solar Array
- California is Among the National Leaders in Energy Efficiency and Economic Gains
- Westerly, RI, Making Moves to Improve Municipal Efficiency