BT Offers Free Online Tool To Help Small Business Cut Energy Use
The tool is free for businesses with up to 250 employees. It helps small businesses to identify some of their key environmental impacts and learn how they can make practical changes to improve their energy efficiency and green credentials. The Web tool also takes into account how work patterns, such as travel and IT use; business operations; and company policies influence a firm’s carbon footprint.
Bill Murphy, BT Business’ managing director, says the new online tool, “levels the playing field for smaller businesses that may not be aware of how sustainable business practices in many cases carry financial benefits too.”
Last year, the company formed a sustainability practice in the UK and US aimed at large corporates and public sector organizations.
In 2007, the company reported that it has reduced its carbon footprint by 97,000 tons of CO2 per year by using phone conferences and videoconferencing to cut back on staff travel for meetings.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi Appliances Launch AC JV
- Walmart Saving Money While Driving Efficiency
- Solutions to Help Reach Building Energy Management Goals
- Advanced Fans Cut Datacenter Energy Requirements
- Renew Financial Acquires FL PACE-Lender EcoCity Partners
- Solar Canopies in Maryland, California
- Increased Demand for EVs Driving Global Battery Management System Market