Guide To Buying Sustainable Forest Products Published
The Forest Products Association of Canada and PricewaterhouseCoopers have published a free buyer’s guide for sustainable forest products. A Buyer’s Guide to Canada’s Sustainable Forest Products is designed to provide buyers guidance on what to consider when writing procurement policies and programs.
The Guide encourages the reader to go beyond the traditional considerations of price, quality, service and availability, by considering all aspects of the production process and their impact on the environment. It also addresses topics such as sourcing and legality, environmental and social aspects of production, climate change, traceability, and certification.
In September, Xerox unveiled a program of papers, resources and Web tools to help customers identify environmentally friendly paper, supplies and way to print.
In June, Monadnock Paper Mills announced the third edition of “A Field Guide: Eco-Friendly, Efficient and Effective Print,” the company’s how-to guide for creating more sustainable print materials.
Energy Manager News
- Digging Deep to Cure HVAC Inefficiency
- Technavio: Global Data Center Liquid Cooling Market Growing
- GE Shreveport Plant Finishes First Stage of Retrofit
- Entergy Arkansas Reaches Rate Settlement
- EMEX Named TEPA Aggregator/Broker/Consultant of the Year
- Switching to LEDs Without Leaving the Past Behind
- McKinstry Replacing 6,200 Lights with LEDs in Henderson, NV
- USDA Investing More than $300M in Efficiency, Renewables