Guide To Buying Sustainable Forest Products Published
The Forest Products Association of Canada and PricewaterhouseCoopers have published a free buyer’s guide for sustainable forest products. A Buyer’s Guide to Canada’s Sustainable Forest Products is designed to provide buyers guidance on what to consider when writing procurement policies and programs.
The Guide encourages the reader to go beyond the traditional considerations of price, quality, service and availability, by considering all aspects of the production process and their impact on the environment. It also addresses topics such as sourcing and legality, environmental and social aspects of production, climate change, traceability, and certification.
In September, Xerox unveiled a program of papers, resources and Web tools to help customers identify environmentally friendly paper, supplies and way to print.
In June, Monadnock Paper Mills announced the third edition of “A Field Guide: Eco-Friendly, Efficient and Effective Print,” the company’s how-to guide for creating more sustainable print materials.
Energy Manager News
- Microgrids, Now Mainstream, Continue to Advance
- Developing Economies Increasing their Share of Renewable Capacity
- LG Chem In Big German Battery Project
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Nov. 20
- PUCO: ‘Fixed Means Fixed’ in Retail Contracts
- FERC Requires Reports on Price Formation
- Viridian Energy Moves into Texas Market
- PUC Approves PPL’s 6.1% Rate Hike