Maryland Hotel To Be 100% Powered By Wind
The Legacy Hotel & Meeting Centre in Maryland recently launched its environmental program, which includes powering the hotel with 100 percent wind energy, integrating greener hotel products, and encouraging its guests to participate in its Turn On service to offset the carbon footprint of their stay.
The hotel has partnered with Clean Currents of Rockville, Md. to cut its carbon footprint to zero for energy consumption and minimize its impact on the environment. The hotel has also entered into a Green Power Partnership with the EPA, which encourages the voluntary use of green power to reduce the risk of climate change.
The hotel is also converting its cleaning products and detergents to organic, biodegradable solutions, and is installing recycling baskets in each of its 162 guest rooms.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management