Maryland Hotel To Be 100% Powered By Wind
The Legacy Hotel & Meeting Centre in Maryland recently launched its environmental program, which includes powering the hotel with 100 percent wind energy, integrating greener hotel products, and encouraging its guests to participate in its Turn On service to offset the carbon footprint of their stay.
The hotel has partnered with Clean Currents of Rockville, Md. to cut its carbon footprint to zero for energy consumption and minimize its impact on the environment. The hotel has also entered into a Green Power Partnership with the EPA, which encourages the voluntary use of green power to reduce the risk of climate change.
The hotel is also converting its cleaning products and detergents to organic, biodegradable solutions, and is installing recycling baskets in each of its 162 guest rooms.
Energy Manager News
- Three Trends Align to Save Buildings Millions in Energy Costs
- Law Bars Energy Providers from Charging Early Termination Fees in the Event of Death
- Corporations Spend Big on Ballot Initiatives, Crushing Ratepayer Opposition
- Texas Retailer Offers Instant Rebate for Rooftop Solar, Offers High Credits for Excess Solar
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency
- CA, MA Tie for ACEEE Top Spot
- Integrated Dimmer/LED from Energy Focus
- In Duluth, This Month’s Utility Bills Include a Little Something Extra