Maryland Hotel To Be 100% Powered By Wind
The Legacy Hotel & Meeting Centre in Maryland recently launched its environmental program, which includes powering the hotel with 100 percent wind energy, integrating greener hotel products, and encouraging its guests to participate in its Turn On service to offset the carbon footprint of their stay.
The hotel has partnered with Clean Currents of Rockville, Md. to cut its carbon footprint to zero for energy consumption and minimize its impact on the environment. The hotel has also entered into a Green Power Partnership with the EPA, which encourages the voluntary use of green power to reduce the risk of climate change.
The hotel is also converting its cleaning products and detergents to organic, biodegradable solutions, and is installing recycling baskets in each of its 162 guest rooms.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Solutions to Help Reach Building Energy Management Goals
- Advanced Fans Cut Datacenter Energy Requirements
- Renew Financial Acquires FL PACE-Lender EcoCity Partners
- Solar Canopies in Maryland, California
- Increased Demand for EVs Driving Global Battery Management System Market
- UCLA Creates The L.A. Energy Atlas
- Santa Cruz Saves with Six Battery Tower
- Using the IoT to Drive Power Plant Efficiency