Cisco, ING, Kohl’s Among Corporate Green Power Award Winners
The EPA’s Green Power Partnership announced the winners for its three leadership award categories: Green Power Partner of the Year, Green Power Purchase, and On-Site Generation. The combined commitments of these organizations amount to nearly 5 billion kilowatt-hours of green power annually, equivalent to powering more than 460,000 average American households each year.
Green Power Partner of the Year:
Bellingham, Washington Community – 81 million kWh/ 11% of community’s total baseload purchased electricity use.
Cisco Systems Inc. – 385 million kWh/ 44% of total purchased electricity use.
Intel Corporation – 1.3 billion kWh/ 47% of total purchased electricity use.
University of Pennsylvania – 193 million kWh/ 46% of total purchased electricity use.
WhiteWave Foods Company – 98 million kWh/ 100% of total purchased electricity use.
Green Power Purchase:
City of Houston, Texas – 350 million kWh/ Nearly 27% of total purchased electricity use for municipal facilities.
ING – 75 million kWh/ 100% of total purchased electricity use.
Merritt 7 Venture LLC – About 21 million kWh/ 100% total purchased electricity use.
Oregon State University – Nearly 67 million kWh/ Almost 75% of OSU’s purchased electricity use.
PepsiCo Inc. – 1.1 billion kWh/ 100% of total purchased electricity use.
Powdr Resorts – 50 million kWh/ 100% of total purchased electricity use for 7 resort complexes.
The Estée Lauder Companies Inc. – 36 million kWh/ 100% total U.S. purchased electricity use.
The Philadelphia Phillies – 20 million kWh/ 100% electricity use for Citizens Bank Park.
U.S. Air Force – 900 million kWh/ Nearly 9% of total purchased electricity use.
Lundberg Family Farms – 4.8 million kWh/ 100% of total purchased electricity use.
Kohl’s Department Stores – 236 million kWh/ 20% of total purchased electricity use.
Energy Manager News
- PACE Financing Makes Progress but Still Encounters Opposition
- Grand View: Datacenter Cooling Market Worth $17.78B by 2024
- Idaho Opens First Solar Farm
- What You Need To Know About Green Insulation: Green Seal’s New Standard
- Obama Administration to Provide Up to $4.5 billion in Loan Guarantees for Electric Charging Stations
- Minnesota PUC Approves New Rate Structure, Size Cap for Solar Gardens
- Maine PUC Endorses Natural Gas Pipeline Expansion at Expense of Ratepayers
- Geothermal Heating and Cooling is Worth Another Look