Cisco, ING, Kohl’s Among Corporate Green Power Award Winners
The EPA’s Green Power Partnership announced the winners for its three leadership award categories: Green Power Partner of the Year, Green Power Purchase, and On-Site Generation. The combined commitments of these organizations amount to nearly 5 billion kilowatt-hours of green power annually, equivalent to powering more than 460,000 average American households each year.
Green Power Partner of the Year:
Bellingham, Washington Community – 81 million kWh/ 11% of community’s total baseload purchased electricity use.
Cisco Systems Inc. – 385 million kWh/ 44% of total purchased electricity use.
Intel Corporation – 1.3 billion kWh/ 47% of total purchased electricity use.
University of Pennsylvania – 193 million kWh/ 46% of total purchased electricity use.
WhiteWave Foods Company – 98 million kWh/ 100% of total purchased electricity use.
Green Power Purchase:
City of Houston, Texas – 350 million kWh/ Nearly 27% of total purchased electricity use for municipal facilities.
ING – 75 million kWh/ 100% of total purchased electricity use.
Merritt 7 Venture LLC – About 21 million kWh/ 100% total purchased electricity use.
Oregon State University – Nearly 67 million kWh/ Almost 75% of OSU’s purchased electricity use.
PepsiCo Inc. – 1.1 billion kWh/ 100% of total purchased electricity use.
Powdr Resorts – 50 million kWh/ 100% of total purchased electricity use for 7 resort complexes.
The Estée Lauder Companies Inc. – 36 million kWh/ 100% total U.S. purchased electricity use.
The Philadelphia Phillies – 20 million kWh/ 100% electricity use for Citizens Bank Park.
U.S. Air Force – 900 million kWh/ Nearly 9% of total purchased electricity use.
Lundberg Family Farms – 4.8 million kWh/ 100% of total purchased electricity use.
Kohl’s Department Stores – 236 million kWh/ 20% of total purchased electricity use.
Energy Manager News
- Will Co-Firing Natural Gas and Coal Meet Clean Power Plan Standards?
- China and India: Doing the Unimaginable to Address Climate Change
- Maine Solar Bill That Advocates Claim Could Save $100M Is Vetoed by Governor LePage
- Competitive Green Retailer Star Energy Partners Expands to New Jersey, Pennsylvania
- Flying High: Energy Efficiency, Renewables and Airports
- Want a Green and Energy Conscious Business? Try These Ideas
- Beazer Homes Wins Energy Star Award
- Infineon Unveils Integrated LED