Water Footprint Network Launched
Seven global groups have joined forces to set up the Water Footprint Network, with the aim of working toward a common approach to water footprint measurement, accounting, and reporting.
Partners are the World Business Council for Sustainable Development, the University of Twente in the Netherlands, WWF, UNESCO-IHE Institute for Water Education, the Water Neutral Foundation, the International Finance Corporation (part of the World Bank Group); and the Netherlands Water Partnership.
The network builds on the work of the WBCSD’s Water Project.
In August, Borealis and Uponor announced that they would enter into a joint initiative to pilot the concept of water footprint in the manufacturing of a plastic application. Last year, Borealis was on the advisory board for the World Business Council for Sustainable Development’s Global Water Tool.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Technology Creates a Brighter Future for Small and Mid-Sized Commercial Solar Investments
- Incentive Program Helps Companies Afford Energy Managers
- ARPA-E Issues Grants for Solar Modules
- C-PACE Financing Innovation to Help Connecticut Green Energy Sector
- Orion Wins School District Contracts, Increases Chances for Incentives
- Study: Smartest ‘Smart Building’ Owners Come from Retail, Manufacturing, Construction
- Low Cost IoT Solutions, Data Driven Analytics to Propel Energy Mgmt Market
- A Clean Energy Future in Sight