Water Footprint Network Launched
Seven global groups have joined forces to set up the Water Footprint Network, with the aim of working toward a common approach to water footprint measurement, accounting, and reporting.
Partners are the World Business Council for Sustainable Development, the University of Twente in the Netherlands, WWF, UNESCO-IHE Institute for Water Education, the Water Neutral Foundation, the International Finance Corporation (part of the World Bank Group); and the Netherlands Water Partnership.
The network builds on the work of the WBCSD’s Water Project.
In August, Borealis and Uponor announced that they would enter into a joint initiative to pilot the concept of water footprint in the manufacturing of a plastic application. Last year, Borealis was on the advisory board for the World Business Council for Sustainable Development’s Global Water Tool.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls